Huge decision: A-level English Language or I.T.?

Watch
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I haven't yet established what my fourth option will be and school starts on Monday. I got one mark off a B in English Language but after having a private meeting with my Sixth Form yesterday, they have suggested that I should take it because I achieved an A grade in English Literature. However, I never thought I'd be doing Language again as it has never appealed to me in the past.

I.T., on the other hand, offers a different sort of course than Computer Science (what I studied at GCSE) and I'm not really into databases, application design etc.

I am very confused and unsure as to which A-level I should pick. My three other options comprise of Maths, Further Maths and Business Studies.

Thank you in advance.
Metalfros
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cannot give you a very good advice unless you tell me if you have an idea what you want to study after your A Levels. Although I would probably recommend taking English. It would be good to have at least one essay based subject.
rosemondtan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As the previous person has already mentioned, I'd say go for English Language (or even Literature, why not?) You seem to have some very technical subjects there (with the exception of business studies) so I'd say opting for a Humanities subject will give your combination a nice balance. It depends entirely on what you want to do in the future though!
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by rosemondtan)
As the previous person has already mentioned, I'd say go for English Language (or even Literature, why not?) You seem to have some very technical subjects there (with the exception of business studies) so I'd say opting for a Humanities subject will give your combination a nice balance. It depends entirely on what you want to do in the future though!
English Literature doesn't fit due to "option lines."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.36%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.53%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.41%
I'm really nervous (46)
18.7%

Watched Threads