Any RPG fans on here? Watch

LacksEudaimonia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm pretty new here and thought i'd check the gaming forums since it's a hobby of mine, so i was wondering if anyone likes RPGS or anything in-between
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Darlia)
OMG hello fellow RPG fan! I love RPG Horror games the most, they are my life *-*
Horror RPGs? That's pretty interesting actually. Can't say i've really touched them but they look interesting. It's awesome to think what VR might do for stuff like that.
Dogofjudah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
RPGs used to be my fave genre (Suikoden 2 and FFX still in my top 5 games), not so much now as they're so watered down and dull nowadays, which is a shame.
ImagineZelda
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have any of you played the Bravely Default series on Nintendo 3DS? I loved Suikoden 2 because it made me feel so deeply for all the characters.
Zargabaath
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The video game type or the DnD table top type?
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Action RPG is my favourite genre.
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dogofjudah)
RPGs used to be my fave genre (Suikoden 2 and FFX still in my top 5 games), not so much now as they're so watered down and dull nowadays, which is a shame.
I still play and enjoy most but i agree. I guess my biggest quarrel is the hand-holding. It's like developers think we have room temperature iq and can't figure anything out, which is what makes CRPGs like Morrowind pretty special. I haven't played the ones you listed though, but i guess that's because i mainly play Xbox haha.
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zargabaath)
The video game type or the DnD table top type?
I was mainly thinking the video games, but i've played tabletop with people before and it's great fun so that's always cool to talk about.
BR1999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like final fantasy but my favourite series has got to be the elder scrolls one
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by BR1999)
I like final fantasy but my favourite series has got to be the elder scrolls one
I've always enjoyed elder scrolls for the freedom. Which one is your favorite?
BR1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LacksEudaimonia)
I've always enjoyed elder scrolls for the freedom. Which one is your favorite?
Difficult question , i liked morrowind and oblivion because the story was just amazing, but i wasn't a very big fan of skyrim, because it was a little bit short and the ending was rushed. But I'd probably say oblivion, there was just something about it
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by BR1999)
Difficult question , i liked morrowind and oblivion because the story was just amazing, but i wasn't a very big fan of skyrim, because it was a little bit short and the ending was rushed. But I'd probably say oblivion, there was just something about it
Same to be honest; Some of the side quests in Oblivion were just so bizarre you can't forget them, and no matter how hideous the visuals looked, there's something about bright green orcs.
BR1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same to be honest; Some of the side quests in Oblivion were just so bizarre you can't forget them, and no matter how hideous the visuals looked, there's something about bright green orcs.
And that moment you get out of sewers was just amazing
Zargabaath
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was mainly thinking the video games, but i've played tabletop with people before and it's great fun so that's always cool to talk about.
Ah, yeah i prefer the video games as well. Never got the hang of the table top ones.

I think Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is one of my favourite games ever
ThreeHeaded6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I recently finished The Witcher 3, it was pretty damn good. Not sure if it counts as a proper RPG though.
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zargabaath)
Ah, yeah i prefer the video games as well. Never got the hang of the table top ones.

I think Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is one of my favourite games ever
Good pick. I'm still anxiously awaiting TES VI even though it'll probably release years from now so i'll have to pick up the Skyrim remaster to tide myself over on nostalgia, but Morrowind is great if you can get used to the combat or at least put some mods on it.
LacksEudaimonia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Darlia)
RPG Horrors have great story lines a lot of the time, which makes it so much more fun to play. There's an RPG Horror series called "The Strange Men" series which consists of games like The Crooked Man, The Sandman, etc. Would definitely recommend it 😄
Awesome. I'll check them out!
DDan123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ThreeHeaded6)
I recently finished The Witcher 3, it was pretty damn good. Not sure if it counts as a proper RPG though.
Yh witcher 3 was amazing. Technically yes because you are role playing as Geralt

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirMilkSheikh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  49.2 KBLove em. Wish I could get one of these bad boys in this country.
ThreeHeaded6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
Yh witcher 3 was amazing. Technically yes because you are role playing as Geralt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not much in terms of actual stats and all that stuff, but the combat and alchemy upgrading system was great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)
24.13%
Jazz (26)
4.3%
Classical (35)
5.79%
Hip-Hop (106)
17.52%