The Student Room Group

Talk about Brexit in PPE Personal Statement?

I apply for PPE and I thought about mentioning Brexit in my personal statement as it is obviously political. I am just not sure if it is a good idea, especially because I am not British, but German. :biggrin: Do you think it would be okay or should I rather avoid it? I wouldn't mention it like "Leaving the EU is dumb, half Britain is racist" or something like that, I would talk about the causes and consequences and try not to judge anything directly
I don't see why it's not OK to mention, as long as it's done in the right way, focusing on your interest on the political (theoretical) aspect of it
Reply 2
If you apply it in a historical context it would be great, perhaps link it to the British Empire, say how it might impact globalisation, link it a book you read but I certainly wouldn't discuss consequences in a judgemental manner, that's all speculation at the moment and irrelevant to political and economic theory. Perhaps discuss the increase in far right and far left movements across Europe.
Reply 3
Original post by scblx
I apply for PPE and I thought about mentioning Brexit in my personal statement as it is obviously political. I am just not sure if it is a good idea, especially because I am not British, but German. :biggrin: Do you think it would be okay or should I rather avoid it? I wouldn't mention it like "Leaving the EU is dumb, half Britain is racist" or something like that, I would talk about the causes and consequences and try not to judge anything directly

It's a very good idea. If you're interested and have something to say about it, then do so - there is no reason at all to avoid it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending