Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's A-level French like? How difficult is it? I'm thinking of taking it for A-level (along with English literature, English language, History) Does it go well with these subjects? I got a B in GCSE French and am really worried that I wont be able to keep up, and do well at the end of the course? (I really struggle with grammar, spelling, accuracy- etc.) Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    FrenchUnicorn might be able to help

(Original post by Rekishiya4)
    What's A-level French like? How difficult is it? I'm thinking of taking it for A-level (along with English literature, English language, History) Does it go well with these subjects? I got a B in GCSE French and am really worried that I wont be able to keep up, and do well at the end of the course? (I really struggle with grammar, spelling, accuracy- etc.) Thank you
    Hi ! I'm sorry about the 1st bit I cannot reply because Idk xD but I am a French native and I can give some tips to help you learn if you want + I can help you during the year if needed

I'm sure you can keep your B up, download the duolingo app and do 5min of French everyday so you'll always have new vocabulary :yep:
    I recommend you to read a few pages of a French book every night before you go to sleep (4/5 pages is enough)so you can get used to sentences forms
    Also make each week a list of idioms/expressions you can use and try to remember them, teachers always love idioms :mmm:

(Original post by The-Spartan)
    FrenchUnicorn might be able to help
    Not sure because I never did A-levels I'm a French native :\ but I'll try, ty for tagging tho

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rekishiya4)
    Its so good! Do it!Not too difficult imo, especially if you have a good supportive teacher!Looks like you have a very good combo there! Lots of my French AS pals had similar subjects to you (I was the anomalie lol)I dropped it after AS to concentrate on science but I have a few resources to help you on quizlet.com
    Register on there for a free account - you can make your own study sets and help you to learn vocab and stuff
    Also if you PM me I will give you my username so you can steal my old revision sets Are you doing AQA?Also: there is a "speller" exercise on quizlet that I feel would benefit you- registering is easy and free btw and there is an app ofc I think you'll enjoy it! I certainly did! Make sure you start to read in French e.g: lemonde.fr or lefigaro.fr
    All the best and feel free to fire questions/PM me
    :france:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.