Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys hope you are all excited for freshers!! Any questions ask away ☺️

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily, I'm starting uni this Sept 19th and I have no clue what kitchen equipment I am expected to stuff into my bag when I come along. I am aware that I have to bring pots and pans, mugs and cutlery, but anything else? i.e., chopping board, knife, ladles, etc? I'll be in Clayhills Accommodation, just in case u needed that information! Thanks, Lavanya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavanya1998)
    Hi Emily, I'm starting uni this Sept 19th and I have no clue what kitchen equipment I am expected to stuff into my bag when I come along. I am aware that I have to bring pots and pans, mugs and cutlery, but anything else? i.e., chopping board, knife, ladles, etc? I'll be in Clayhills Accommodation, just in case u needed that information! Thanks, Lavanya
    Hi
    Basically you we be provided with oven jobs toaster kettle etc. So yes you will need knifes ladles chopping board etc. ☺️☺️

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    For the freshers events, can you buy tickets singly to the events? Or is it mainly just the wristband?
    Thank you!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottegail)
    Hiya,
    For the freshers events, can you buy tickets singly to the events? Or is it mainly just the wristband?
    Thank you!x
    Hi
    Yes you can but it works out much cheaper to buy than band if you are going to a lot of the events 😃
    Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, my friend is studying a level 4 course at Kingston college starting September, can she attend the freshers events too?
    Thanks X

ReputationRep:
    Also, my friend is studying a level 4 course at Kingston college starting September, can she attend the freshers events too?
    Thanks X
    Hi
    She will be able to attend some of them but some will need student ID to get into to. You would have to looks at the clubs website etc. For more information on this.

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston University)
    Hi
    She will be able to attend some of them but some will need student ID to get into to. You would have to looks at the clubs website etc. For more information on this.

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I look on the clubs websites, there is no information regarding this? X

ReputationRep:
    As a general rule if it a student specific they will check ID. So the freshers ball you will definitely need ID

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston University)
    As a general rule if it a student specific they will check ID. So the freshers ball you will definitely need ID

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if she has a Kingston college id and her own Id to prove she's over 18 will that let her int the freshers ball?

ReputationRep:
    So if she has a Kingston college id and her own Id to prove she's over 18 will that let her int the freshers ball?
    For some events in uni students i'm afraid, you would have to get in contact with the individual clubs as we don't have information on this. Hope you get your answer

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icarius)
    Hi there

i wont be living in halls and was wondering if i can still get wristbands/tickets etc ?
    Hi,
    As long as you are a Kingston University student you can get a wristband and tickets.

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily,
    Was wondering if you join a sports club does the uni have different levels you can join say you are a beginner?
    Also, do you just turn up to the sports club with all the kit?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire18181818)
    Hi Emily,
    Was wondering if you join a sports club does the uni have different levels you can join say you are a beginner?
    Also, do you just turn up to the sports club with all the kit?
    Thanks
    Hi Sapphire,
    Most of the clubs do have different levels but is best to check with them. All our clubs will accept anyone though! And yes make sure you are wearing appropriate kit Enjoy freshers and have a good time!

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing a part time course and want to go to the freshers ball but don't know anyone as I am commenting from home. Is it worth going ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mconor387)
    Hi I'm doing a part time course and want to go to the freshers ball but don't know anyone as I am commenting from home. Is it worth going ?
    Hi
    Yeh of course!! People will be really friendly and there is sure to be a big turnout

Emily
    Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway of meeting people at the freshers Fayre tomorrow ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.