Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So ive just enrolled on Computing & IT and Business

I plan to do part time for stage 1 which i presume is 60 credit over 1 year

When im selecting my modules theres a compulsary 60 credit for Computing & IT and a compulsary 60 credit for business, both saying the start in October 2016 and end June 2017, if i selected both thats 120 credits so full time?

Im a little confused with it all.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing part time then that is 60 in a year which runs October to June. TU100 the course for computers is only run now and in January and then it's being discontinued so if you want to do that one then choose it first. Do that in year 1 and then the business one in year 2. Otherwise you can do the business in year 1 and the new computer courses in year 2. Doing OU part time will mean studying for about 6 years. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_Missy)
    If you are doing part time then that is 60 in a year which runs October to June. TU100 the course for computers is only run now and in January and then it's being discontinued so if you want to do that one then choose it first. Do that in year 1 and then the business one in year 2. Otherwise you can do the business in year 1 and the new computer courses in year 2. Doing OU part time will mean studying for about 6 years. Hope that helps.
    That makes sense thank you

Did you do the same degree? Do you know if they are very demanding in stage 1? Im wondering weather to just do it full time as i dont work/have kids etc and can easily commit 32 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm not doing the same degree (mine is Mathematics), but I can tell you that 120 credits at Level 1 is definitely doable, especially if you know you can commit 30+ hours per week to study. Level 2 is when the workload and difficulty really start to increase. Also, remember that your Level 1 module grades don't count towards your final degree classification, so as long as you pass both modules, you'll be good to go.

Basically, if you want to try studying full-time, this would be the time to do it.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.