Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have been thinking a lot about everything I have been through lately and whether I am to blame.

I've been through abuse by my dad and boyfriend and been through bullying about my weight to the point I have an eating disorder. I also have a mental health disorder.There is other things I will not mention.

It's been getting me down a lot about whether it is my fault. If you think it is anything I can do to stop it in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Who ever hurts you is a ****ing *******. It's not your fault. There are just *****y people out there

(Original post by YesMore)
    Who ever hurts you is a ****ing *******. It's not your fault. There are just *****y people out there
    Thank you for your words.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have also been abused my dad throughout my childhood, from around the age of 3 to 15. I dont know the type of abuse you're suffering through, but mine was physical and emotional.

I am now 16 and have left my sorry excuse of a human, since I realised that he was just not worth it anymore. I had forgiven him repeatedly for every single thing he had done. I justified the **** out of his words and actions. I felt trapped and like I was his toy. It was only when I heard the screams of my best friend being hit by her mum because we were laughing to loudly that I realised it was her mum's fault not hers. She had every right to be happy and enjoy our conversations, her mum was taking her own emotions on my friend, rather than getting help and facing up to them for herself.

Then I took a look at my own dad and realised I had been too forgiving. I left him and he tried coming back time and time again. He still hasn't given up, but for my own mentality, I'm keeping myself away from his abuse. I found out a few months back that he was depressed and had gone through an unstable childhood (moving countries, his mum having relationships with man after woman after man, poverty, need I go on).

But the point of my life story (apologies) is that no mentally stable human being abuses someone they *cough* 'love'. It's completely unatural a natural human instinct is to love and protect. If your dad and boyfriend can't do this for you then you need to leave the two of them. It may be hard, but it's nothing you won't get over. (I may sounds heartless but this is coming from a girl who screamed for her dad every night for a month, had recuring nightmares of the people I love being hurt badly, burnt myself to feel the slightest ounce of warmth since my body basically ended up rejecting physical touch after 12 years of abuse. I haven't even had therapy for this and I'm perfectly content with the majority of my life, enjoy myself at school and barely think of my dad or past that much anymore. As a wise person once said, "Inhale the good ****, exhale the ********". Goes for you too girlie 👌

As for the bullying, report it to a few teachers (student support/services would help if you have that at your school. Behavioural teachers would do something aswell). Try to make some friends, even if its just one or two. Sometimes its gotta be you to make the first move yano. If your school does nothing, report it to your council anf if they do nothing then just move schools, I've seen people do it and it really helps in the long run and moving schools gives you a big oppotunity for a large social circle.

If you're overweight, I woupd advise you to ask your GP for advice because that could dramatically affect your life in the future. It puts you at risk for loads of health problems so if you want the best for yourself, ask your GP about the kind of diet you should be having and if you have time, then learn a bit about nutrition. If you are quite young though (like 12 or under), dont lose weight because it is bad for your body. Justprevent yourself from gaining anymore until you get to atleast 13 to start dieting.

Make sure you eat though please don't starve yourself. It will make you bloated if you do anyway but just take up a physical hobby and just eat less carbs than you'll need and skip fizzy drinks.

But you are perfectly fine just the way you are. It's just that if you are a little bit bigger then just tell people to **** off, but if its a lot then do the diet/hobby thing because I dont want you to end up in hospital hun Xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been thinking a lot about everything I have been through lately and whether I am to blame.

I've been through abuse by my dad and boyfriend and been through bullying about my weight to the point I have an eating disorder. I also have a mental health disorder.There is other things I will not mention.

It's been getting me down a lot about whether it is my fault. If you think it is anything I can do to stop it in the future.
    It is most deffinately not your fault! Nobody should ever abuse anybody and even if you did do anything in your life that they may say or you may feel makes you to blame it was not an excuse to abuse you.
    I'm so sorry you've had to go through such hardships, but please remember that this does not define you and you deserve so much better.

Anything you can do in the future? Don't allow yourself to become abused again. Learn to love and respect yourself and leave anybody who doesn't respect you too. I know it is very hard to leave an abusive situation and also difficult to recognise the starts of one, but if you feel unsure or uncomfortable don't risk it. You should be able to feel safe around friends and loved ones and if you do not then it is not a good relationship (even if you don't think it's abusive) and you should leave.

And, if you have not already, please think about seeing a doctor and/ or therapist. I'm sure you have a lot of mixed up thoughts and feelings and it should help you to untangle things and hopefully move on.
    You are so strong to make it through what you have and you are strong enough to make it through all of this aswell. You are amazing- never forget that!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.