Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How's your day been? AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i just need to vent a bit . Just got back from work after dealing with literally the worst customer i have ever had. She comes over to the till, places her items on the desk and tells me this is what she wants. One of the items was a display item i go to the stock room to get a new one and she shouted something to me but i didn't hear her. So i got the stock and put it through on the till. We were really busy and she goes round looking for god knows how many more items (like why do these sorts of people even exist ), anyway she comes over to me and says i told you to wait and you've caused queue. So i had a go at her saying if you were a normal customer no one would be in this situation. Then she called my manager and all hell broke loose . It got even worse after that because 10 minutes later she came back went to my manager and told him i over charged her. Now I've been sacked.

P.S. some rep might make me feel better

How's everyone elses day been?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by BR1999)
    Hey guys, i just need to vent a bit . Just got back from work after dealing with literally the worst customer i have ever had. She comes over to the till, places her items on the desk and tells me this is what she wants. One of the items was a display item i go to the stock room to get a new one and she shouted something to me but i didn't hear her. So i got the stock and put it through on the till. We were really busy and she goes round looking for god knows how many more items (like why do these sorts of people even exist ), anyway she comes over to me and says i told you to wait and you've caused queue. So i had a go at her saying if you were a normal customer no one would be in this situation. Then she called my manager and all hell broke loose . It got even worse after that because 10 minutes later she came back went to my manager and told him i over charged her. Now I've been sacked.

Urgh, that's really unfortunate, she was really annoying. I think in that situation, as hard is it was, you had to smile, apologise (even if she was in the wrong...) be friendly, smile some more and deal with whatever she's giving out until she leaves.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2720798

There's a thread for annoying customers at work

My day has been quiet :hide: which is nice. Yesterday someone was talking about how they get up on the weekends at the same time as they would for work, and I was fine with respect to that until this morning where I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm normally goes off, go on my phone to switch it off before it goes off and realise that it was never on.. and tried to go back to sleep :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Urgh, that's really unfortunate, she was really annoying. I think in that situation, as hard is it was, you had to smile, apologise (even if she was in the wrong...) be friendly, smile some more and deal with whatever she's giving out until she leaves.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2720798

There's a thread for annoying customers at work

My day has been quiet :hide: which is nice. Yesterday someone was talking about how they get up on the weekends at the same time as they would for work, and I was fine with respect to that until this morning where I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm normally goes off, go on my phone to switch it off before it goes off and realise that it was never on.. and tried to go back to sleep :hide:
    Loving that thread , I'm aiming for a day like that tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)

I did tech support for a couple years before I went to uni, I can definitely relate with stories about rude and manipulative customers; it makes me rage to no end when I hear about it. Like the other poster said you have to try and be professional but I know how hard it can be. I'm sorry to hear you got fired, sounds really unfair.

How has my day been? Well I was out all night last night and came home around 5.30am, slept until midday, and have basically been sitting at home in my underwear hungover watching season 2 of Narcos on Netflix. To be honest it's been quite nice :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    I did tech support for a couple years before I went to uni, I can definitely relate with stories about rude and manipulative customers; it makes me rage to no end when I hear about it. Like the other poster said you have to try and be professional but I know how hard it can be. I'm sorry to hear you got fired, sounds really unfair.

How has my day been? Well I was out all night last night and came home around 5.30am, slept until midday, and have basically been sitting at home in my underwear hungover watching season 2 of Narcos on Netflix. To be honest it's been quite nice :P.
    Oouuuuuu good choice of programme

ReputationRep:
    you really got sacked for that? that bloody sucks! i'm sure you can argue a case against this, i mean wth you were dealing with a nightmare customer

i witnessed a similar type of woman once many years ago. she was in an museum and before exploring the museum she very stupidly decided to visit the gift shop first and bought hundreds of pounds worth of items and then said to the cashier 'so you'll hold onto these until i come back?' (wtf, who does she think she is?) and the cashier girl - who was very young and innocent and being really sweet to her - said sorry, no its a policy that we can't do that HOWEVER there is a locker area where you can put your stuff and then take it when you come back but for some reason the stuck up cow refused to hear that part so she turned around and kept complaining about it to the people she was with, saying 'omg i'm going to have to walk around with that huge box under my arm' even though the cashier girl kept ****ing telling her that ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS GET A LOCKER!!!

so the middle aged woman throws a strop, says fine just keep it and walks off in a huff leaving the cashier girl bemused. then she storms back and says 'i want a refund on all my purchases and i want to speak to your manager!'. the poor girl was turning around to her co-worker desperately trying to get him to help her but he was too busy doing something else so she had to deal with that woman and the friends that she was with by herself. one of her friends was an old man and he ended up yelling at the cashier girl at the top of his voice. literally so unfair, she did nothing wrong except be polite and professional and was ganged up on by three old miserable idiots who thought the world revolved around them

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you lost your job over one silly customer, I used to be a coach driver and Lord help me if I upset any passengers because I would be stuck with them all day. People are so infuriating, good luck finding a better job

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.