The Student Room Group

Not sure whether to apply, any advice?

So I recently got my a level results and I was really pleased, I managed to get an 4 A*'s (physics, math, further math and chemistry) and one A in psychology. I hadn't applied to a Uni yet as I'm taking a gap year, and now the time is slowly approaching for application and I'm not sure whether or not I should apply to Cambridge due to my less than stellar igcse grades (2A*'s 5A's 2B's and a C) any thoughts? Does anyone think I have a chance in getting in?
Apply and be confident at an interview. Grades like that will draw a lot of attention...
Original post by Bobdylan96
So I recently got my a level results and I was really pleased, I managed to get an 4 A*'s (physics, math, further math and chemistry) and one A in psychology. I hadn't applied to a Uni yet as I'm taking a gap year, and now the time is slowly approaching for application and I'm not sure whether or not I should apply to Cambridge due to my less than stellar igcse grades (2A*'s 5A's 2B's and a C) any thoughts? Does anyone think I have a chance in getting in?

I think you'd have a very good chance and should definitely apply. Your A level results are very good (to say the least) and Cambridge are not overly concerned with GCSEs or equivalent. What do you have to lose?
Reply 3

For which course?

Eitherway, you are guaranteed an interview as you exceed A*A*A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you have a good chance.

More importantly what do you gain by NOT applying? Only another uni choice and with A*A*A*A*A you are very likely to receive acceptances from everywhere else you apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending