Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place for this, sorry if I'm not. After having my AS results I'm stuck for where to apply. I had AAA in Maths, Physics and Religious Studies, so the potential for A*A*A* at A2 is there. I 100% want to do Physics at Uni, but I'm caught up on where to apply. A few of my teachers are encouraging me to apply to Oxford, but my GCSE grades are not really amazing (3 A*, 6 A and a B), and I'm not sure if I could do well in the PAT with how long I have to revise, especially since I would be doing it independently. I will be applying to UCL and maybe ICL, but I just need somebodies opinion on whether it's worth applying to Oxford, with only 3 AS's and alright GCSE's. Any help is welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone does the PAT independently. I would try a few practice papers and see how you score - you have lots of time before you sit it.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPFeyn)
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place for this, sorry if I'm not. After having my AS results I'm stuck for where to apply. I had AAA in Maths, Physics and Religious Studies, so the potential for A*A*A* at A2 is there. I 100% want to do Physics at Uni, but I'm caught up on where to apply. A few of my teachers are encouraging me to apply to Oxford, but my GCSE grades are not really amazing (3 A*, 6 A and a B), and I'm not sure if I could do well in the PAT with how long I have to revise, especially since I would be doing it independently. I will be applying to UCL and maybe ICL, but I just need somebodies opinion on whether it's worth applying to Oxford, with only 3 AS's and alright GCSE's. Any help is welcome.
    Unless you have 5 other solid options of where you want to apply, apply for Oxford. It's only one spot, and you'll end up denying 3 of them at some point anyway. You may as well take the risk, because it could very well be worth it, and the worst that could happen is you don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPFeyn)
    Physics don't really use GCSEs, the PAT is the main factor in deciding if you get an interview and then the PAT + interviews in getting an offer, so it's worth a shot - as said above, you've got four other options!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.