Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :sad: I just feel like someone stole all my self confidence somehow and ran away with it and I've been in bed in the dark for the past couple of hours thinking about everything wrong with me and I don't like this. I was so confident and happy with myself a few days ago and now I'm the complete opposite. Why is this happening and how do I fix it

This is actually a long term problem as my therapist thinks I have self confident issues and I am easily effected by what people say and it takes a lot for me to be even the tad bit happy with myself.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    First of all, forget what people say. Haters gonna hate.

It all starts by thinking positively and having a positive mindset. Believe in yourself and you can do anything.

You recently got an amazing job, you should be proud of that! That was all your effort!

I used to be like you, I never believed in myself and I wouldn't get interviews or jobs and that made me even more negative. I'd have constant mood swings where one day I would be happy that I got good grades and then the next day I would berate myself for not doing better. Then I started to believe in myself, I stopped putting myself down (I do that on here in jest) and started to be positive in my approach. I would say that put a smile on my face every morning knowing that can I trust in my own abilities and it made me a better person personality wise.

Here I am now, I work for one of the biggest television/broadband companies in the UK. i wouldn't have got here without being confident. So you can do it! Just believe.

It takes time, it won't happen overnight but whenever you feel like you're not good enough, just remember that all the things that you did well and realise that you did that

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    :sad: I just feel like someone stole all my self confidence somehow and ran away with it and I've been in bed in the dark for the past couple of hours thinking about everything wrong with me and I don't like this. I was so confident and happy with myself a few days ago and now I'm the complete opposite. Why is this happening and how do I fix it

This is actually a long term problem as my therapist thinks I have self confident issues and I am easily effected by what people say and it takes a lot for me to be even the tad bit happy with myself.
    Awww :console:

1st of all : you're so beautiful <3 sorry but I had to say it if you're affected by what people say, I'd rather want you to be affected by what I just said :mmm: :lovehug:

Secondly, you were so lost a few months ago and you dropped some of your past plans so you can change your path and live another life, the kind of life that's not boring, the kind of life that actually is life.
    Do you really think not confident people get to do that ?! Seriously, it takes HUGE confidence to go left when people are waiting for you on the right. What you did is incredibly courageous, and you know why do you feel this way today ?

Because you're scared. And tell me, what is even courage ? Courage is how to overcome the fears, which means someone who has no fears has no courage whatsoever - yeah, what's the point ? -

And finally, how can someone not be confident, when they overcome their fears ?! You're so amazing at being that courageous that you got the most amazing job, remember your feelings when you were accepted ! If they took you, YOU over someone else, that's because they has seen in you all of what I'm describing above.

They have seen your sparkle, that hasn't been unnoticed.

Why not loving yourself when everyone else does :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    First of all, forget what people say. Haters gonna hate.

It all starts by thinking positively and having a positive mindset. Believe in yourself and you can do anything.

You recently got an amazing job, you should be proud of that! That was all your effort!

I used to be like you, I never believed in myself and I wouldn't get interviews or jobs and that made me even more negative. I'd have constant mood swings where one day I would be happy that I got good grades and then the next day I would berate myself for not doing better. Then I started to believe in myself, I stopped putting myself down (I do that on here in jest) and started to be positive in my approach. I would say that put a smile on my face every morning knowing that can I trust in my own abilities and it made me a better person personality wise.

Here I am now, I work for one of the biggest television/broadband companies in the UK. i wouldn't have got here without being confident. So you can do it! Just believe.

It takes time, it won't happen overnight but whenever you feel like you're not good enough, just remember that all the things that you did well and realise that you did that
    great advice for the OP :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.