Whilst in a relationship... Watch

Jelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Cherry_Cola)
I'm not getting this. It's like you're saying that it's acceptable to lust over a celebrity purely because they're "out of reach," but that lusting over a normal person is something you keep private. Doesn't it bother you to think that your bf/gf would probably cheat on you with Celebrity Such and Such IF he or she had the chance?
I feel as though I'll get attacked for saying this, but I know what you mean. It's the principle more than anything else.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jelkin)
I feel as though I'll get attacked for saying this, but I know what you mean. It's the principle more than anything else.
I get that logic too. But you can't help but find some people good-looking. Can you honestly say you don't naturally find certain people and celebs good-looking/attractive? It's a natural thing as opposed to anything with an intention in it - that's the main point. When my bf tells me "She's pretty" - he's not saying "Oh if I had the chance I'd dump you for her" nor is he saying "you're not as pretty as her". He's just stating - she's pretty. Nothing more, nothing less. Therefore because it's just a statement of fact, it's perfectly fine. Can I say I don't find anyone other than my bf handsome/good-looking? That doesn't mean I have any intention of cheating or dumping him though.

Women read too much into things, in my opinion.
KarlZ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
Because a celebrity doesn't actually pose a 'threat'. There is absolutely no chance of anything happening between the person and the celebrity.
So very true....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise