Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

mum embarrasses me at any opportunity she can get Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm so angry omfg

My mum can't help herself talking down on me and telling everyone my faults all the time. She makes me feel so **** in front of people.

It's my graduation on Monday and yesterday I realised that I bought the wrong size dress. I quickly tried it on last week in the changing rooms but had to rush. I got mixed up with the sizes because it had the US size written next to the UK one, I was looking at US size when choosing in the store, then at home realised it's too big.

Anyway, I told her about it this morning as luckily I will be getting sunday delivery for the right size. So today when my brother and sister in law came over, they asked me about graduation and my dress, I was gritting my teeth for my mum not to embarrass me and what does she do? Tells them about it and makes me look like a ****ing fool.

Like seriously what is the need to even tell anyone about that? Just another attempt at getting people to look down on me.

This is just one example of how she does this type of thing ALL the time. What is so hard about keeping your mouth shut? Why MUST they know this?

Then she gets angry when I'm angry about her for this. She cannot comprehend that it is embarrassing for me and totally unnecessary. I had to leave the room because she upsets me so much and never gets it.

Everybody else's parents here big their children up and speak highly of them but ahe makes me look like a ****ing joke lmao. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    It was just banter

ReputationRep:
    You sound incredibly sensitive. Perhaps try getting a grip.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    It was just banter

ReputationRep:
    At least she's not smacking your face everytime you do something wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    At least she's not smacking your face everytime you do something wrong
    Emotional/Verbal abuse can be just as bad, and worse than physical abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    You sound incredibly sensitive. Perhaps try getting a grip.*
    Thanks you cured me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Thanks you cured me!
    Completely welcome. If you have any more issues, feel free to bring them to me for more similar advice and assistance.*

ReputationRep:
    Give her a swift kick in the balls next time

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with everyone, even BANTER can be cruel at times. try being a little more sympathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    whats wrong with everyone, even BANTER can't be cruel at times. try being a little more sympathetic
    Lol people on here act like they're a breed of apathetic genetic elite with no feelings or emotions. It's almost like they look for sad rants just to post "get a grip" like it's going to make a difference to anything.

I wouldn't have even made this thread if it wasn't for the build up of constant digs and malicious intent. It's like being bullied by your own family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Lol people on here act like they're a breed of apathetic genetic elite with no feelings or emotions. It's almost like they look for sad rants just to post "get a grip" like it's going to make a difference to anything.

I wouldn't have even made this thread if it wasn't for the build up of constant digs and malicious intent. It's like being bullied by your own family.
    It is being bullied by your own family. Explain to her why you don't want her to continue bullying you. If that doesn't work, then your mother is borderline abusive.

ReputationRep:
    She has nothing on my mum, you're being a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imam of Haram)
    She has nothing on my mum, you're being a pussy.
    When people feel like ****, why do you turn it into a thing about yourself? Your friends must love confiding in someone as self absorbed as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    When people feel like ****, why do you turn it into a thing about yourself? Your friends must love confiding in someone as self absorbed as you.
    I don't have any friends and unless you've known them for years and your parents knew their parents, neither do you, they're distant acquaintances and nothing more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.