Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how many UCAS points do you need to get into kings? Because I'm deciding if I want to take a 4th AS or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameenatariq)
    how many UCAS points do you need to get into kings? Because I'm deciding if I want to take a 4th AS or not
    They do it on the basis of A Level grades ONLY. The offers range from A*AA-ABB. I wouldn't recommend taking a fourth AS if you don't have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    They do it on the basis of A Level grades ONLY. The offers range from A*AA-ABB. I wouldn't recommend taking a fourth AS if you don't have to.
    Would an AS give you an edge though?

ReputationRep:
    They dont ask for UCAS, they want a level grades. You don't have to take a fourth AS, I got in with 3 A-Levels (A*A*A).

ReputationRep:
    Would an AS give you an edge though?
    Not if they don't consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsonro)
    They dont ask for UCAS, they want a level grades. You don't have to take a fourth AS, I got in with 3 A-Levels (A*A*A).
    What a level subjects and for what course ?

ReputationRep:
    What a level subjects and for what course ?
    BA politics, I did a-levels in politics, history and maths.If you're confident that youll be able to do 4 AS's to a good grade then go for it, if not just stick to 3. However, if you get an A grade in your fourth AS it could compensate for missing your offer. Say your offer is AAA and on results day you get AAB, they may see that got an A in your fourth AS and still accept you, if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    BA politics, I did a-levels in politics, history and maths.If you're confident that youll be able to do 4 AS's to a good grade then go for it, if not just stick to 3. However, if you get an A grade in your fourth AS it could compensate for missing your offer. Say your offer is AAA and on results day you get AAB, they may see that got an A in your fourth AS and still accept you, if that makes sense?
    Yea that makes sense. I don't know what to do!! I picked maths, biology, chemistry and psychology and plan on doing biochemistry at kings but I want to drop psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Yea that makes sense. I don't know what to do!! I picked maths, biology, chemistry and psychology and plan on doing biochemistry at kings but I want to drop psychology.
    Well maths, biology and chemistry is basically everything they want for the course. Seriously if you think you can do psychology as well go for it just drop it after AS or don't do it at all, however chem/bio/maths are demanding subjects so it would be fine just to do the three of them and get AAB (what they require).

ReputationRep:
    Well maths, biology and chemistry is basically everything they want for the course. Seriously if you think you can do psychology as well go for it just drop it after AS or don't do it at all, however chem/bio/maths are demanding subjects so it would be fine just to do the three of them and get AAB (what they require).
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking I don't want psychology to ruin my other subjects. But will I be able to get into UCL and queen Mary with three as well or do they have different UCAS points ?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking I don't want psychology to ruin my other subjects. But will I be able to get into UCL and queen Mary with three as well or do they have different UCAS points ?
    UCL doesn't use UCAS points. Simply check their entry requirements.

QMUL http://www.politics.qmul.ac.uk/under...es/161328.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.