Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my A-levels on Monday, and I am aiming for Cambridge law, but I am only doing 3 A2 because my school won't let me do AS French as it doesn't fit into the timetable. However, I am doing an EPQ.
    Would not doing an AS reduce my chances of getting into Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think so.. many sixth forms don't offer AS anymore either. I think that as long as you meet your offer at A2 then you should be fine. Good luck, I'm starting on monday too what subjects are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    No I don't think so.. many sixth forms don't offer AS anymore either. I think that as long as you meet your offer at A2 then you should be fine. Good luck, I'm starting on monday too what subjects are you taking?
    I'm taking history, politics and economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I'm starting my A-levels on Monday, and I am aiming for Cambridge law, but I am only doing 3 A2 because my school won't let me do AS French as it doesn't fit into the timetable. However, I am doing an EPQ.
    Not at all. Most universities generally require 3 A level qualifications anyway so. Also it's good that you're doing EPQ on the side as it shows off many of your skills through presenting/writing/whatever you choose to do. I did a dissertation for my EPQ which is apparently good prep for university essays and stuff.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Nope, you will not be disadvantaged.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.