The Student Room Group

Wearing the same outfit two days in a row

I was thinking just earlier about a moment just two months ago where I arrived for my second day of 'Futures Week' (where you try out the sixth form of your choice) where I came into school wearing the same pinafore as the day before.
A few of my friends seemed confused and then found it funny that I was wearing the same outfit two days in a row. I never thought to ask why they thought it so wrong or odd, at that time I was slightly upset that I'd done something wrong that was beyond my understanding. However, some of my closer friends told me that wearing an outfit two days in a row was the same thing they did in their family.

I had never heard of this rule previously, and when I asked a friend why she thought it wrong on the way home from school she simply replied with 'I don't know'.
So, is it wrong to wear the same outfit two days in a row? Why do some people wear a different outfit every day? Are they excessively sweaty? What factor divides the people who do wear the same outfit two days in a row and the people who don't?

I would really appreciate some opinions and theories here (:
Thank you!
Reply 1
I change my shirt every day because I can get sweaty on public transport. It's when people reuse the same sweaty shirt and I have to stand next to their ****ing armpit while on the train that annoys me.

I guess there's no rule about it, i guess it's good to be fresh every day. I would say 2 days max per outfit though, maybe 3 at a push
Personally, I sometimes can't be bothered to get out new clothes for each new day, so sometimes I wear the same clothes as the day before, obviously not if I think they're dirty

i don't really see anything wrong with that tbh
Reply 3
Your friends are rubes, there is no problem wearing it for two days running. Any longer and it might get iffy though...
It's probably just assumed to be gross because people's clothes generally stink when they sweat into them for a whole day. If you don't smell bad, people won't mind, they'll just assume you will (mildly) until they find evidence to the contrary
Reply 5
Original post by AmeliaBaldwin
I was thinking just earlier about a moment just two months ago where I arrived for my second day of 'Futures Week' (where you try out the sixth form of your choice) where I came into school wearing the same pinafore as the day before.
A few of my friends seemed confused and then found it funny that I was wearing the same outfit two days in a row. I never thought to ask why they thought it so wrong or odd, at that time I was slightly upset that I'd done something wrong that was beyond my understanding. However, some of my closer friends told me that wearing an outfit two days in a row was the same thing they did in their family.

I had never heard of this rule previously, and when I asked a friend why she thought it wrong on the way home from school she simply replied with 'I don't know'.
So, is it wrong to wear the same outfit two days in a row? Why do some people wear a different outfit every day? Are they excessively sweaty? What factor divides the people who do wear the same outfit two days in a row and the people who don't?

I would really appreciate some opinions and theories here (:
Thank you!

If it's clean and doesn't smell, I see no problem.
Wear what you want when you want lmao, it's only a problem if your clothes are genuinely in need of a wash or something

Your friends laugh cos mum and dad do all their washing and everything, if they were told to wash and dry their own **** they'd wear the same stuff for a week I bet :rolleyes:
Actually, to be fair, the only people that will notice are people you hang around with. No one else will notice.
Some people consider it gross. Some are just overly fashion-conscious. Most won't really care as hey most of us do it too!!

If my shirt still appears clean I'll hang it back up for a day later in the week or wear it on a day off before I wash it. For jeans or leggings though I don't really care if anyone notices I've worn them for a couple days haha.
I think it's fine unless you get really sweaty cuz then your clothes will probably stink but otherwise haters gonaa hate 👍🏼
I wear the same thing 2 days in a row sometimes even three (in the winter time when you're less sweaty). Everyone is different though, for example my mum changes her outfit everyday otherwise she feels dirty. I generally wear the same thing twice but if I'm seeing someone I saw the previous two days I wouldn't wear the same thing on the third day. If I'm at home tho I could wear the same outfit for three days.
I'll wear jeans/shorts maybe 3/4 days in a row as long as I change everything else and wash (especially the pits and spuds) then I see no problem as long as they look clean and dont smell like ass crack.
I don't there's nothing wrong with wearing the same clothes two days in a row. Unless of course you've been sweating alot, in which case it become a hygiene issue. But come on!! I bet aside from gym clothes no one washes their clothes after just one wear, and of course underwear. So if you don't wash your clothes after one wear then why not wear it more than ones.

Pleople are simply too obsessed with clothes and believe you should look differnt everyday. Don't care about what they think, if you want to wear the same clothes two days in a row go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest