Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I study the EB (European Baccalaureate, basically a discount IB), where maths education is pretty shallow. For instance, integration is only done in the last semester. Which a-level modules (i.e. Core, Further Pure etc.) should I study for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fibonacho)
    I study the EB (European Baccalaureate, basically a discount IB), where maths education is pretty shallow. For instance, integration is only done in the last semester. Which a-level modules (i.e. Core, Further Pure etc.) should I study for the interview?
    Are you thinking of applying to Oxford or Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fibonacho)
    For Cambridge you tell them (on the SAQ) what you've studied so they're aware of what you have and haven't done. But if you want to know the same things as the British applicants may have been taught by the time of interview, I think they'd be some combination of

Core C1-3 (some would have done C4, depending on the order of teaching things)
    Mechanics M1-2, some might have done M3
    Further pure FP1
    Statistics S1-2

I would think that you're most likely to need stuff fron C1-4, so prioritise those, and then M1-2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Are you thinking of applying to Oxford or Cambridge?
    Yep, I'm applying to Cambridge.

(Original post by Claree)
    For Cambridge you tell them (on the SAQ) what you've studied so they're aware of what you have and haven't done. But if you want to know the same things as the British applicants may have been taught by the time of interview, I think they'd be some combination of

Core C1-3 (some would have done C4, depending on the order of teaching things)
    Mechanics M1-2, some might have done M3
    Further pure FP1
    Statistics S1-2

I would think that you're most likely to need stuff fron C1-4, so prioritise those, and then M1-2.
    Thanks! I've had a look at the SAQ. I'm probably going to look at the topics we did, and read the corresponding sections in the A-level textbooks, to make sure I've got everything covered.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.