The Student Room Group

Last night made me see my friend in a different light

I'm a 25 year-old girl, and last night met up with a good male friend and his friend for drinks in a bar. He's moved abroad now, but was back for a few days, and it was the first time I'd seen him in 3 months.

They were an hour late, and I ended up a bit tipsy, hadn't eaten and generally don't handle my alcohol well. He bought me a cocktail and before I knew it I was racing to the toilets to be sick, and to cut a long story short, ended up lying outside on the pavement in front of everyone and puking everywhere.

I'm incredibly ashamed and I know it happens, but I'm still hugely embarrassed. My friend and his friend were unbelievably kind; my friend was quite scared and was calling his family asking for help etc. and did his best to look after me. He helped me so much, reassured me over and over again, and let me hold his hand.

I was a little better and took the train straight home; he was calling me and messaging me to check I was ok, reassuring me that there was absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, and told me to message him in the morning to let him know I was ok.

I know that obviously he'd do that for any friend, but before last night I had never really considered him like that.. but I think it just made me realise what an incredible guy he is, and it's made me see him in a different light.

He's single, but as I said, will be in another country for at least a year.

Is there any point of doing/saying anything? I don't think he likes me in that way, and I suppose he's left now anyway, but would you say something (apart from the obvious thank you) or is it not worth it?
Reply 1
bump
has he given you any other indication that he likes you?
If you're both single, you've got nothing to lose by telling him or asking him out whilst he's here
Reply 3
Well, he's flirty with me and has given me compliments on my looks, and he said to my friend that I have 'everything to please'.. but I think he's just a really nice guy in general. Today as well he's been checking that I'm ok. Does it sound like last night was just him being caring more than anything? And yeah, you're right I suppose :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Well, he's flirty with me and has given me compliments on my looks, and he said to my friend that I have 'everything to please'.. but I think he's just a really nice guy in general. Today as well he's been checking that I'm ok. Does it sound like last night was just him being caring more than anything? And yeah, you're right I suppose :smile:

I don't understand your problem. Stop fearing rejection. If the guy rejects you he really won't view you any differently anyway so you lose very little.

If it was just done out of his caring nature then surely that gives you even more reason to want to get with such splendid guy? Rather than him only treating you nicely so he can get in your pants, you know? And if it is the latter then you have no issue anyway since you want to get into his pants!

So just tell him, no harm in it. May just make his day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending