Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK i have huge scar on my big toe from when my dance shoes made a large gash in my toe. Does anyone have any ideas for stopping my dance shoes shredding my toe, i dance three times a week so i have to wear them a lot and am spending a fortune on plasters whichhave to be replaced throughout the night cos they often end up rubbed off by the shoes.

ReputationRep:
    band-aids work for me

ReputationRep:
    have you tried the spray on plaster stuff? i dont know what its like, but if it protects your foot and doesnt come off like ordinary plasters then it might be worth a try. Or perhaps its worth trying to do something to the shoe if they keep hurting your foot, what kind of shoes are they? could you try and stretch them? One way is by putting plastic bags in your shoes and then scrunching up wet newspaper and stuffing them into the shoes so they are packed really tight, then as they dry they should stretch.

Just an idea x

ReputationRep:
    my cobbler dad has this tool which is actually to stretch little areas of shoes where bunions rub, but it could be used for little toe bits as well.

you could go to a cobblers and see if they have a similar thing?

ReputationRep:
    Scholl sell "moleskin" which is a lot better than plasters as it's more padded and doesn't come off as easily. It comes in a sheet that you can cut into strips of the right size.

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity - what type of dance shoes are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~vicki~*)
    have you tried the spray on plaster stuff? i dont know what its like, but if it protects your foot and doesnt come off like ordinary plasters then it might be worth a try. Or perhaps its worth trying to do something to the shoe if they keep hurting your foot, what kind of shoes are they? could you try and stretch them? One way is by putting plastic bags in your shoes and then scrunching up wet newspaper and stuffing them into the shoes so they are packed really tight, then as they dry they should stretch.

Just an idea x
    Stretching them would not be a good idea, they are not toi tight it is just wear the edge of the shoe rubs on my toe and they need to be quite a snug fit cos i'm dancing in them.

The moleskin sound interesting haven't seen it anywhere though. They are latin/jive shoes.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.