The Student Room Group

White nationalist movements are growing much more quickly than ISIS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
What about the millions who died because of white nationalism back in the 1930s-40s?

This isn't about what has happened in the last year, its about the trajectory of white nationalism in this country, and evidently it is increasing.

Where is your evidence that white nationalism - in this country - is increasing? The article you linked us to speaks of growing white nationalism stemming "mostly from the US". A rise in hate crimes cannot be likened to a rise in white nationalism.

What about the Rwandan Genocide is 1994? What about the Armenian Genocide in 1915? What about the Cambodian Genocide in 1979?
Original post by Observatory
White nationalists, unlike the current establishment, might be able to fight ISIS effectively.

They would recruit for ISIS through their hate speech. Alienating Muslims causes them to sympathise with groups like ISIS, who encourage Muslims to stand up.

So you're incorrect on that one.
The thing with white nationalists is that most of them are just people proud of being white and of their heritage. They haven't carried out many terror attacks like ISIS has and the vast majority of people would say that ISIS is he bigger threat.
Original post by jake4198
Where is your evidence that white nationalism - in this country - is increasing? The article you linked us to speaks of growing white nationalism stemming "mostly from the US". A rise in hate crimes cannot be likened to a rise in white nationalism.

What about the Rwandan Genocide is 1994? What about the Armenian Genocide in 1915? What about the Cambodian Genocide in 1979?

Please explain why a 'rise in hate crimes' is not linked whatsoever to white nationalism.

The things go hand in hand mate.
They would recruit for ISIS through their hate speech. Alienating Muslims causes them to sympathise with groups like ISIS, who encourage Muslims to stand up.

So you're incorrect on that one.

There is no excuse for Muslims joint terro groups. It's not anyone's fault that Muslims are joining ISIS but their own.
Original post by biglad2k16
The thing with white nationalists is that most of them are just people proud of being white and of their heritage. has and the vast majority of people would say that ISIS is he bigger threat.

and in the same manner, radical Islam has never produced a world-threatening military force, just like the Nazis did

regardless of their relative threat with ISIS, they are a threat
What about the millions who died because of white nationalism back in the 1930s-40s?

This isn't about what has happened in the last year, its about the trajectory of white nationalism in this country, and evidently it is increasing.

what about the Europeans who died when the Ottoman Empire raided us? We can go back even further...
There is no excuse for Muslims joint terro groups. It's not anyone's fault that Muslims are joining ISIS but their own.

So do you think that the average Muslim just wakes up one day and decided to join ISIS?
You've completely neglected causality, one cause for joining ISIS is hateful sentiment, hateful sentiment can derive from being alienated and discriminated against.
Original post by lawlieto
what about the Europeans who died when the Ottoman Empire raided us? We can go back even further...

you can't compare wars from around 1500 to those of 2016, and wars from 1939 to those of 2016.

the world has changed massively.
Please explain why a 'rise in hate crimes' is not linked whatsoever to white nationalism.

The things go hand in hand mate.

Do you have evidence that they go hand in hand? A hate crime against a Muslim doesn't necessarily mean the perpetrator is a white nationalist.

In 2015 Islamic terrorism was accountable for over one hundred murders here in Europe, and over 15,000 murders abroad. The moment white nationalism reaches similar levels in the present day then perhaps I'll be more inclined to agree. A lone skinhead with a kitchen knife does not match an ideological driven religious fundamentalist.
So do you think that the average Muslim just wakes up one day and decided to join ISIS?
You've completely neglected causality, one cause for joining ISIS is hateful sentiment, hateful sentiment can derive from being alienated and discriminated against.

No, it's the fault of themselves and the religion of Islam. They are being radicalised using quotes from the Quran.
Original post by jake4198
Do you have evidence that they go hand in hand? A hate crime against a Muslim doesn't necessarily mean the perpetrator is a white nationalist.

In 2015 Islamic terrorism was accountable for over one hundred murders here in Europe, and over 15,000 murders abroad. The moment white nationalism reaches similar levels in the present day then perhaps I'll be more inclined to agree. A lone skinhead with a kitchen knife does not match an ideological driven religious fundamentalist.

White nationalism killed millions back in the 1930s and 40s.

And a main tenet of white nationalism is skepticism of non-native religions and other races or immigrants.
No, it's the fault of themselves and the religion of Islam. They are being radicalised using quotes from the Quran.

Answer my question please. Do Muslims just wake up suddenly and decide to join ISIS completely spontaneously?
Answer my question please. Do Muslims just wake up suddenly and decide to join ISIS completely spontaneously?

I don't know. Maybe a few of them do.
lol. This is one of the worst false equivalencies I've ever come across. This is like saying 'Gibraltar's football team is improving at a much greater rate than Germany, who have actually regressed'.

I can think of 1 killing by a 'white nationalist' in the last year in the UK.
you can't compare wars from around 1500 to those of 2016, and wars from 1939 to those of 2016.

the world has changed massively.

No, the world hasn't changed, people are still stupid, the same stupid, we have wars for nearly the same reasons. The only thing that changed is that now we have devastating guns/bombs etc which make mass killings easier.

If you cant compare wars from 1939 to 2016, why are you doing so?
I guess both parties are guilty and after all these terror attacks the world had it coming that white nationalism will resurface. 1 million immigrants came including from countries where ISIS reigns. Don't tell me, that ONE million people came in, a lot of them without passports, and that none of them supports ISIS's ideologies? That's statistically impossible.
I don't know. Maybe a few of them do.

Exactly, you DON'T KNOW. So don't talk nonsense please.

I've studied every single individual case of western Muslims becoming radicalised and committing attacks. Every single time their lives go south because of some traumatic event in their life, such as being put in prison, losing family members, having their home country go to war, etc...
ISIS are shrinking, these groups are growing. We've seen a spike in racial hate crime in the UK after Brexit, we've seen French governments take absurd Islamophobic actions, several terror attacks and several foiled ones too.

I think this is a bigger threat, because the people sympathising with / joining these groups are right in our own country in mass, rather than being scattered across the Middle East.

You think racist people sharing the same views (even as backwards as they are) is a bigger threat that terrorists killing innocent people every day? You're so delusional.
Original post by richpanda
lol. This is one of the worst false equivalencies I've ever come across. This is like saying 'Gibraltar's football team is improving at a much greater rate than Germany, who have actually regressed'.

I can think of 1 killing by a 'white nationalist' in the last year in the UK.

did you forget about Jo Cox? or the recent stabbing of a Polish person by a gang of white nationalist teens?

come on, selective memory isn't going to work for you here
Original post by joddcfc
You think racist people sharing the same views (even as backwards as they are) is a bigger threat that terrorists killing innocent people every day? You're so delusional.

I think they're a bigger threat because they live in mass in our own country, rather than being isolated and scattered just like Islamist extremists are.

but go ahead and call me delusional if it seems to reinforce your point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending