Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently I am 18 years old. I first went to sixth form straight after completing my GCSEs, I finished the first year and got my as levels (B in media, C in English lit and E in psychology) - I didn't work as hard as I could have on them but didn't think it mattered as I wanted to do film and got into a very good college to be able to do that. After the first year I discovered that I really didn't want to do film and ended up leaving there. I want to do English literature at university but have no idea how to do this as I'm a bit stuck, a college near by said that I'm too old for A levels and too young for an Access course. Any advice??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Zoegriff18)
    Currently I am 18 years old. I first went to sixth form straight after completing my GCSEs, I finished the first year and got my as levels (B in media, C in English lit and E in psychology) - I didn't work as hard as I could have on them but didn't think it mattered as I wanted to do film and got into a very good college to be able to do that. After the first year I discovered that I really didn't want to do film and ended up leaving there. I want to do English literature at university but have no idea how to do this as I'm a bit stuck, a college near by said that I'm too old for A levels and too young for an Access course. Any advice??
    Speak both to universities you're considering applying to and other colleges. Universities might be able to suggest an appropriate qualification to bump up your knowledge/quals for entry that you haven't considered and other colleges might be more flexible.

There are distance learning access courses and there's no such thing as "too old" or "too young" for either access or A levels - but some colleges don't like to offer flexibility or they have reduced funding for people of certain ages.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.