Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people see halal killing as being worse than normal killing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The animal dies either way so if you're that bothered about the pain an animal goes through just don't eat meat then innit

ReputationRep:
    That's why.

http://www.peta.org/blog/cruelty-beh...ual-slaughter/

ReputationRep:
    People just want to complain for no reason

I aint muslim, but the part of Nigeria im from they kill the animal the same way without the prayer.

slitting its throat is better than this

https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...al-abuse-video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendstatusxoxo)
    The animal dies either way so if you're that bothered about the pain an animal goes through just don't eat meat then innit
    Because if it's (effectively) stunned first it doesn't go through pain.

ReputationRep:
    Some people say that the animal doesn't feel pain and dies instantly, while others have told me that the animal chokes on its blood. :/

The best thing is to just not eat meat or try to atleast eat less meat anyway, as there is no humane way to kill an animal.

ReputationRep:
    People want something to be passionate about. The concern is that we don't want to have to pay you guys money just because we are pagan. Whatever that zakah thing us. Paganism is more ancient and fruitful than all these religions and their silly rules and deities. So really muslims should be paying the pagans.

ReputationRep:
    Innit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Some people say that the animal doesn't feel pain and dies instantly, while others have told me that the animal chokes on its blood. :/

The best thing is to just not eat meat or try to atleast eat less meat anyway, as there is no humane way to kill an animal.
    Do you eat meat tho?

and the bold bit tho.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Do you eat meat tho?

and the bold bit tho.....
    well I try to avoid eggs and milk when I can, and I eat meat atm because I live with family

ReputationRep:
    well I try to avoid eggs and milk when I can, and I eat meat atm because I live with family
    But eggs!

Haha I see, at least when you move out, you can make your own choices
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    of course it matters how things die. everyone here would love a good death in bed, no one likes the thought of being roasted to death in an industrial oven or death by a thousand cuts.

ReputationRep:
    I went onto the ol' BBC to find out what the difference was and:

What this means:
    - A lot of halal dudes still stun
    - Stunning is pretty unreliable and crap anyway

Conclusion: If you don't want to cause pain never eat meat. Sorry kids.

(Original post by ihatePE)
    of course it matters how things die. everyone here would love a good death in bed, no one likes the thought of being roasted to death in an industrial oven or death by a thousand cuts.
    Did you know bed is statistically the most dangerous place you can be as most people die in it?
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

ReputationRep:
    As long as we just ignore that it even happens guys in the first place, everything's fine!!! Nothing to see here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    - A lot of halal dudes still stun
    Making it haram, oh no.

ReputationRep:

How can you choke if you don't have a windpipe left to choke with?

ReputationRep:
    because apparently not being stunned with a ridiculous amount of electricity before having your throat slit is considered more 'humane'...

imagine if someone was murdered that way. and they said oh don't worry, she was shocked with a cattle prod before having her throat slit, would that make her murder less inhumane or more...?

ReputationRep:
    Or eat fish

ReputationRep:
    Sophists.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.