Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply to Cambridge for Economics 2005 but didn't get a chance to go to the open day. I have been to Cambridge before and seen Jesus college, I also know the rough locations of a few others.

If you could recommend me some colleges that are fairly strong for Economics but not overly competitive I could look into them further, perhaps visit and narrow down my options.

The main other criteria I have are proximity to centre of Cambridge and proximity to Economics faculty (or where lectures will take place).

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be near town and at a college that has a really high reputation and is right up at the top of the Tompkins table, then may I suggest Girton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrad)
    Looking to apply to Cambridge for Economics 2005 but didn't get a chance to go to the open day. I have been to Cambridge before and seen Jesus college, I also know the rough locations of a few others.

If you could recommend me some colleges that are fairly strong for Economics but not overly competitive I could look into them further, perhaps visit and narrow down my options.

The main other criteria I have are proximity to centre of Cambridge and proximity to Economics faculty (or where lectures will take place).

Thank you

I wouldn't recommend applying to a college on the basis of admissions statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I wouldn't recommend applying to a college on the basis of admissions statistics.

Exactly... So recommend Girton!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Exactly... So recommend Girton!

OK. I officially recommend Girton. In fact, I'm telling you to apply to Girton!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    OK. I officially recommend Girton. In fact, I'm telling you to apply to Girton!
    See you all next year when you come then

ReputationRep:
    No idea how it is for Econ but Robinson's great

ReputationRep:
    dont listen to these fools, emmanuel is the palce to be (glares at Ralfskini....bow your head in shame!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    dont listen to these fools, emmanuel is the palce to be (glares at Ralfskini....bow your head in shame!!!)
    Hehe, feeling your allies falling by the wayside, Willa?

ReputationRep:
    never! emma students are always loyal to their college, they will never stray!

And before helenia goes off on one, clare is evil, don't listen to anything that comes from her dirty satanic mouth

ReputationRep:
    Ah but you can't argue with the red brick wonder of Robinson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Ah but you can't argue with the red brick wonder of Robinson
    Yes, the red brick grows on you. Try one and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    never! emma students are always loyal to their college, they will never stray!

And before helenia goes off on one, clare is evil, don't listen to anything that comes from her dirty satanic mouth
    At least Clare students wait until they're at their college to start proclaiming ridiculous amounts of patriotism

*bashes Willa over head with can of Clare love*

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with starting the patriotism early. I haven't even applied yet and I'm defending the bricks

ReputationRep:
    Tut tut... I think we have the makings of WWIII in all this college patriotism thing!

ReputationRep:
    You're one to talk You seem rather patriotic about Girton. And what's happened to your rep? You're not the kinda person I would expect to get neg rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)

Sorry, Willa. not quite sure what came over me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You were hypnotised :eek:

Mind you Clare seem to brainwash people
    {sees Helenia hover the big can of Clare love above my head}
    Errr just kidding H! {scarpers}

ReputationRep:
    *whispers* Sidneeeeeyyyyy... Siiiiiidneeeeyyyyy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    *whispers* Sidneeeeeyyyyy... Siiiiiidneeeeyyyyy...
    *points* See, I'm not the only one!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.