The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

living in a van during term time

Y'all,

I'm a new student starting this September at Goldsmiths,I just got served the notice to move out of my flat at the end of the month and,being generally fed up with renting in this ridiculously expensive city (London),I'm considering to get myself a van & convert it to live in it.Has any of you done this?Any advice/tips will be extremely helpful,especially in terms of how you've sort it out with student finance ( the address you used with them,if there's been issues of some sort etc.) Thanks a lot folks,
C.
Hi concoon,

Thanks for your message. I would strongly recommend getting in touch with our Accommodation team, who will be able to give you some expert advice regarding living in London. You can reach them via [email protected] or 020 7919 7192/7130. It would also be worth getting in touch with our dedicated Fees team for advice around Student Finance - there may be issues surrounding permanent address needs if you are living in a mobile home. You can reach the Fees team via [email protected] or 020 7919 7050.

I hope this helps! Best of luck with your situation and we look forward to welcoming you very soon! :smile:

All the best,

Shaun

Original post by concoon
Y'all,

I'm a new student starting this September at Goldsmiths,I just got served the notice to move out of my flat at the end of the month and,being generally fed up with renting in this ridiculously expensive city (London),I'm considering to get myself a van & convert it to live in it.Has any of you done this?Any advice/tips will be extremely helpful,especially in terms of how you've sort it out with student finance ( the address you used with them,if there's been issues of some sort etc.) Thanks a lot folks,
C.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi concoon,

Thanks for your message. I would strongly recommend getting in touch with our Accommodation team, who will be able to give you some expert advice regarding living in London. You can reach them via [email protected] or 020 7919 7192/7130. It would also be worth getting in touch with our dedicated Fees team for advice around Student Finance - there may be issues surrounding permanent address needs if you are living in a mobile home. You can reach the Fees team via [email protected] or 020 7919 7050.

I hope this helps! Best of luck with your situation and we look forward to welcoming you very soon! :smile:

All the best,

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thanks a lot for your message and for pointing me in the right direction.I will definitely drop the Fees team a message today and hopefully I can find a way around the potential issues I might have.

Looking forward to the start of the term too :-)

Best,

C.
Reply 3
Hey man, I'm looking to rent back out a Goldsmith's Halls if you're still interested. Message me if you do, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending