Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my english speaking soon and I have a few ideas about what I could speak about them being DofE and the differences between gender pay in the job world. But i don't no whether to do that or not, any other ideas will be very useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl12345)
    Im doing my english speaking soon and I have a few ideas about what I could speak about them being DofE and the differences between gender pay in the job world. But i don't no whether to do that or not, any other ideas will be very useful.
    Go with whatever you can speak passionately about, and that you have a decent amount of knowledge about, so that you may answer questions confidently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Go with whatever you can speak passionately about, and that you have a decent amount of knowledge about, so that you may answer questions confidently.
    Im not very passionate about any of these ideas but there the only ones one thought of that i would be able to do. what ideas would you suggest that i do?

ReputationRep:
    Im not very passionate about any of these ideas but there the only ones one thought of that i would be able to do. what ideas would you suggest that i do?
    Well, I can't really answer that question.

Are there any topics that you're passionate about, and would be able to speak about for ~4-6 minutes?

ReputationRep:
    Does this gcse english speaking count for anything? My teacher said it doesnt

ReputationRep:
    I did 'Stop Animal Cruelty' for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Well, I can't really answer that question.

Are there any topics that you're passionate about, and would be able to speak about for ~4-6 minutes?
    what would you do out of the two ideas i have ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTim96)
    Does this gcse english speaking count for anything? My teacher said it doesnt
    No, it doesn't, you'll simply have an "endorsement", ie. D, M, P or Fail.

what would you do out of the two ideas i have ?
    Personally, pay, but that's simply because I know nothing about DofE. If it helps, someone did do a presentation, in my class, on the DofE award and got a D (Distinction, highest grade).

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.