Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey i've been saving for a mac book pro over the last 2 years and was waiting for this new one to come out this year, when ever that may be.

However, my annoying cousin keeps telling me to buy the current one as there will be many offers now because of the newly anticipated one, but it doesn't seem worth it to me after i have waited this long- I'd rather wait a bit longer (probably close to Christmas) , so just take my current laptop to uni.

So i was wandering if anyone knew what the price difference would probably be? This is for the 13" btw. Also, i take it its best to buy from apple with the student discount?

Thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    probably something unaffordable like most of apple's products

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    probably something unaffordable like most of apple's products
    They're normally reasonable after student discount considering how long they last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    hey i've been saving for a mac book pro over the last 2 years and was waiting for this new one to come out this year, when ever that may be.

However, my annoying cousin keeps telling me to buy the current one as there will be many offers now because of the newly anticipated one, but it doesn't seem worth it to me after i have waited this long- I'd rather wait a bit longer (probably close to Christmas) , so just take my current laptop to uni.

So i was wandering if anyone knew what the price difference would probably be? This is for the 13" btw. Also, i take it its best to buy from apple with the student discount?

Thanks
    There might not be a new Macbook Pro. They're trying to kill them off and bring the Notebook and iPad Pro up to date, so they can keep up with Microsoft. I got the Macbook Pro last year and it should be fine for at least 5+ years
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by alexp98)
    They're normally reasonable after student discount considering how long they last.
    As are most other high end laptops that end up offering better specs for the price. A £1000+ Windows (or Linux) machine will last just as long as a Macbook if you treat it properly.

As far as waiting for a new Macbook model, if you need a laptop just buy one. There's absolutely no guarantee that a new Macbook will even be released this year, with nothing but vague rumors in the pipeline. You may well be waiting into next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    There's absolutely no guarantee that a new Macbook will even be released this year, with nothing but vague rumors in the pipeline. You may well be waiting into next year.
    If they were going to announce one it would've been at last week's keynote. Today is 1000 days since the last Mac Pro update for example. Current speculation from insiders is literally that Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, iMac and Mac Pro are not getting refreshed, and are all being moved to EOL.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by iainvg)
    If they were going to announce one it would've been at last week's keynote. Today is 1000 days since the last Mac Pro update for example. Current speculation from insiders is literally that Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, iMac and Mac Pro are not getting refreshed, and are all being moved to EOL.
    I would be fairly surprised if everything got discontinued. I could understand removing some lines but there should still be a decent market for a laptop of some sort. Things like the iMac I could understand but removing so many lines would be surprising. Then again leaving you with no choice and forcing you to buy the traditional Macbook if the Pro and Air are no longer options would make some sense. This is Apple and they like doing this sort of thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.