Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Is there anyone who studies/studied GCSE History&Geography? I would appreciate if you left a comment of your experience studying both subjects as i am not sure whether there will be too much workload studying both. I am also choosing triple science amd spanish alongside these for my gcse options. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I do more geo than history- history is stressful but quizlet helps you with flashcards of ur topic! its so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty much the same options as you, but as long as you work hard and revise well the work load isn't as bad as you're probably expecting, although I did find that history was a lot worse than geography.

ReputationRep:
    triple science
    hist
    geo
    re
    german

geo takes more of my time history is more exam technique for me

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing geography & history & french - it's fine. geography is so easy i hardly take any notice of it. History is always quite difficult, so much memorising but it doesn't really make any difference taking them together.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i did both, history is a lot of memorisation - dates, names, event names, causes and outcomes of things...
    geography is like a science, you learn the case studies, terminology and the processes and you can use the information again and again appropriately for exam questions

history is way more heavy, lots of content compared to geography. the essays are also more intense. Though i enjoyed history more than geography, because by the time we learnt all the course for geo, we had 2 months of nothing until exams, which is why it's boring for me.

along my history and geography gcse, i also picked french and RE and triple science. to relieve yourself from all the work piling on top of you, prepare little by little for the sciences first around christmas time. then by march, do history, and geography side by side. your language gcse is just how many words you know, so learn new common words used in gcse exams everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amethyst_)
    Hi guys
    Is there anyone who studies/studied GCSE History&Geography? I would appreciate if you left a comment of your experience studying both subjects as i am not sure whether there will be too much workload studying both. I am also choosing triple science amd spanish alongside these for my gcse options. Thanks
    Hi. As long as you enjoy the subjects, you'll be fine. I did edexcel gcse and you'll find there's quite a lot of memorizing, but I loved history so it wasn't a problem. I got A*s in both and if you're good at the subject you'll be able to cope just fine.

ReputationRep:
    I do both, I'm starting year 11 and personally I don't find the workload too much but it really helps to have an interest in the subject, that way revision doesn't feel so much like a chore. I find both subjects rely on good exam technique as they are so easy to misread the questions and lose easy marks but the content is easy enough to learn, especially with geography where you can apply the content to real life scenarios.so as long as you enjoy both subjects you should be fine, good luck for your GCSEs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.