new year , time to work harder

Watch this thread
anaighj
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
right so during year 12 I hardly worked hard and achieved BCDD. terrible I know!! Determined to do much better, and get at least ABB...but already I can't seem to focus.

Any tips on how to study effectively and not procrastinate
undercxver
Badges: 18
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anaighj)
right so during year 12 I hardly worked hard and achieved BCDD. terrible I know!! Determined to do much better, and get at least ABB...but already I can't seem to focus.

Any tips on how to study effectively and not procrastinate
  • Use the Forest App for concentration.
  • Don't slack.
  • Look back on the old content learn every Saturday or Sunday - pick a revision day.
  • Do all your homework.
  • Make a timetable for revision. If you don't stick to timetables then make a list of things to do and try to complete that list before the week is over.
  • Use your time wisely. You know how to be smart with things like that.
  • For motivation just imagine results day of how you want it to run out vs how it shouldn't turn out.
  • Enjoy what you're studying, you'll learn more easily. Think about it. You're never going to go to college/sixth form ever again.

Good luck! Make the most of this year.
Sarah1778
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwFbwPbqyY and other videos on that channel are helpful.
I know you're probably starting A2 this week or something but I hope you recapped everything from AS in your holidays, that was a big help for me making sure all the AS knowledge was firm in my mind before starting A2.
- Short study periods work best; the 25min study/5 min break thing works well for a lot of people
- If you're getting bored of a topic while studying, move on, don't waste too much time on it because that's counterproductive
- Make sure every past paper is done 2-3 times before exams come around.
- Mix up the way you're learning, don't always stick to note taking, try YouTube videos, mind maps, flash cards etc etc
- Find the time you work best at; my parents used to prefer me to wake up early and work but I realised it really wasn't working and I found I worked best from 8pm-1am - finding your optimal working time really helps
- Make sure every week you're on top of exactly what you know and exactly what you need to improve - regularly checking that with yourself helps keep on track
- Apparently highlighting things in yellow helps when learning?

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed