Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I need your advise!
    I am going into the final year of my college life... need to start applying to unis soon and either want to do audiology or optometry. Any idea which is better to do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing SLT and I know just enough audiology to wonder why people would want to do it. But then I don't have a lot of experience of either.*

Do you have any experience of either of them? Do you see yourself in a hospital or on the high street? What client groups do you have a preference in working with, if any? Are you prepared for a largely diagnostic career or are you potentially looking more for a therapeutic role? Do you have a lot of patience?*

If you can answer those, I can advise which you'd probably be happier doing.*

ReputationRep:
    If your in B'ham message me I have some good contacts for Audiology work experience both in NHS and private

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny07)
    I am going into the final year of my college life... need to start applying to unis soon and either want to do audiology or optometry. Any idea which is better to do?
    Both are good careers. Why not look at course details and see which 1 you'd enjoy more? Also take a look at the job descriptions and see if you prefer one over the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny07)
    I've just finished my first year of Audiology and am really loving it. However I did know that this is exactly what I wanted to do before starting the course. One of the conditions of one of my offers was to write up a day that I had spent with Audiologists in the local hospital. If you are able to spend a day at Audiology and a day with Optometry, it might give you a better idea which you would enjoy more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilycunningham)
    If your in B'ham message me I have some good contacts for Audiology work experience both in NHS and private
    hey I live in Birmingham and need Audiology work experience ASAP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.