Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to plan my computer science project for A2, and I have the idea and description of it sorted. It is essentially a simulator for physics mechanics that will allow users to simulate the movement of objects in various situations, and allows users to change an object's mass, weight, velocity before launch, and its angle of launch. It would also create a prediction path of where the object will move, and display that path along with the object's velocity and time spent in the air as the object flies. However, my teacher has asked for the "features required in a computer system that would help solve the problem". Having been off for 8 weeks, I am a bit confused as to what it means by "features of a computer system". Does it mean the same as the features of an OS are is it something else? And if anyone knows what would help, that would be really helpful for me as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowplatts999)
    I'm trying to plan my computer science project for A2, and I have the idea and description of it sorted. It is essentially a simulator for physics mechanics that will allow users to simulate the movement of objects in various situations, and allows users to change an object's mass, weight, velocity before launch, and its angle of launch. It would also create a prediction path of where the object will move, and display that path along with the object's velocity and time spent in the air as the object flies. However, my teacher has asked for the "features required in a computer system that would help solve the problem". Having been off for 8 weeks, I am a bit confused as to what it means by "features of a computer system". Does it mean the same as the features of an OS are is it something else? And if anyone knows what would help, that would be really helpful for me as well.
    I interpret that statement as "what would the computer system need in order to solve this problem".

You could go really granular and say "this computer system would need a monitor to display the output from the program and allow the user to verify their input into the program, a keyboard to input data into the application and to interact with the output of the application, a mouse to etc etc etc...". Or alternatively it could be "this computer system would be dealing with real time physics engines. From research online (see appendix #2) these types of physics engines can use a lot of system resources. As a result, I would anticipate this computer system needing a modern Intel i5/i7 processor and 16GB RAM...".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.