The Student Room Group

Do you think 9 hours of revision is a lot?

the title basically then about 12 hours on the weekends. Is that really weird?
Reply 1
Yes.

It sounds like way too much, to the point it could very possibly be detrimental.
Reply 2
9 hours over a lifetime? Not a lot
9 hours per hour? Thats really good going. *
Reply 3
i do at least 8 hours of just homework per day so when it gets to revision no thats not weird, i can also go hours without stopping
Don't measure your revision in hours. Measure it in terms of how constructive it is. It's about working efficiently rather than longer. In my experience, more than a few hours per day can be overdoing it as in "is it really sinking in?"
That is a lot! I do about 9 hours in a week! :congrats:
Reply 6
Wait, do you mean 9 per day and 12 per day at the weekend, or did i read it wrong?

Buy yeah, listen to @beautifulbigmacs
That's far too much if you mean each day.
Hope you don't mean per day 😱😄
Id say 9hours is quite a lot and will be useless as your brain will not be able to process that much and you'll end up revising next to nothing. Start revising now but do a little at a time. If you've just started a levels then just look over and make sure you understand what you've done that day in your lesson everyday after school- I'll be starting a levels on Wednesday but I've learnt from GCSEs that you must start from the very first day- since the start of yr10 my bio teacher kept on telling us to look over what we did that lesson and "learn it" - that was sometimes set as homework that I so gladly thought I'd get away with- I've regretted it trust me because I just got my results on the 25th and got a C but when I was doing the bio exams I knew I'd be lucky to even get that because whilst b1,2,3 was okay, I couldn't even answer the first q straight away on b4,5,6- luckily I've been sort of given a second chance as I can still do bio a level but now i know I have to work hard as my progress will constantly be checked with extra bio lessons to help me- kind of happy to get them but don't want to put off revision from now on as I won't be given anymore chances
Original post by josh_v
9 hours over a lifetime? Not a lot
9 hours per hour? Thats really good going. *

wish I could do 9 hours worth of revision in 1 hour
Well do you enjoy it?
You're better off doing short effective revision than hours of not so effective revision
I'd say 9 hours per week is pretty excessive even when exams are just around the corner. For the first half of year 13 I literally just did homework assigned to me which would be about 2 hours a week. Then when exams started to loom probably an hour a day, anymore than that and I felt I was overcramming and what I started to read after this point just wouldn't go in. Of course it depends on the person, but last year I overworked myself and didn't do as well as I had hoped, so I learnt my lesson and just took a much more relaxed approach in year 13 and it honestly made my second year go much better than the first. In short, don't spend 9 hours a week unless you truly can because you'll just overwork yourself and do worse than you would have done otherwise

Quick Reply

Latest