Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did anyone watch NewZoids last night? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I watched the first season when it was aired during and after the 2015 Election campaign as it was very relevant and being a politics/current affairs fan I thought why not. Am also a fan of Spitting Image so the satire was very apt albeit maybe not as well rounded as the former in terms of its humour but really enjoyed the start of the second season yesterday. The entertainment/celebrity side was very, very good with the James Corden carpool and Tom Hiddleston/Taylor Swift sketches but the politics was top notch especially in regards to the Labour leadership contest.

Would be great to hear some opinions!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's great and the impressions were spot on and S2E1 had some funny moments, but I feel it hasn't been as good as series 1. Also nice to see David 'At least I tried' Miliband back but someone new watching it would not have got the reference :hide: ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's great and the impressions were spot on and S2E1 had some funny moments, but I feel it hasn't been as good as series 1. Also nice to see David 'At least I tried' Miliband back but someone new watching it would not have got the reference :hide: ah well.
    Absolutely agree! I'm sure you mean Ed 'At least I tried' Miliband, he was surely the best in season 1 and its just delightful to have him back but yep if you haven't seen before then the satire is not there. The updated Theresa May was brilliant but I really do single out the Cameron/Osborne legacy sketch as for someone who saw S1 it brought back some much loved characters..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Tej98)
    Absolutely agree! I'm sure you mean Ed 'At least I tried' Miliband, he was surely the best in season 1 and its just delightful to have him back but yep if you haven't seen before then the satire is not there. The updated Theresa May was brilliant but I really do single out the Cameron/Osborne legacy sketch as for someone who saw S1 it brought back some much loved characters..
    Sorry, I am a numpty I do actually know the difference between David and Ed (one of them has never appeared on the show :lol:) sorry about that.

Exactly right. It's nice that season 1 is on youtube though for anyone to see. And I think my all time favourite sketch (apart from the green party voting one in season 1) is Farage's stand ups, gutted they can't really make an appearance this season though.. :hide:

And I also loved how up to date it was, like something could happen in politics between two episodes and chances are it'd be reflected. Pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Sorry, I am a numpty I do actually know the difference between David and Ed (one of them has never appeared on the show :lol:) sorry about that.

Exactly right. It's nice that season 1 is on youtube though for anyone to see. And I think my all time favourite sketch (apart from the green party voting one in season 1) is Farage's stand ups, gutted they can't really make an appearance this season though.. :hide:

And I also loved how up to date it was, like something could happen in politics between two episodes and chances are it'd be reflected. Pretty cool.
    Haha no worries, its easy to make that mistake at least you nailed the Miliband part!

I always find myself re-watching season 1 and I would agree that the Farage ones are pretty hilarious, can't get enough of those 'lousy foreigners'! The best sketch of him was the 'I'm Just an Ordinary Bloke' musical number, nailed him down to a tee..

The up to date nature is why it is so appealing. The music and celebrity ones especially shine here but I really do look forward to seeing the sketch after Labour's leadership concludes (if Corbyn wins)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like it, it seems so current and it's fun to watch.

ReputationRep:
    Not as good as season 1 tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.