Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am starting my GCSE subjects this year and really want to do well ( I am trying to get all 9s and 8s). So I want to start revising as early as possible especially since I'm not doing as well as I hoped in some subjects.
    I was wondering if anyone has got any advice for revising and doing better in exams?

ReputationRep:
    Revise for topic tests as they are set and you'll be fine.
    How I revised:

English- me bruff YouTube
    Maths- past papers
    Science-specification

Flash cards, mind maps, apps, YouTube videos

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much.
    Sorry I'm late to replying they've just posted the rest of my timetable and I was kind of panicking because my Mondays awful (I've got double history which I like but then I've got maths,science and double English and this will be the second day I have all my core subjects in a row) and I've been trying to contact my friend to warn her because we're in the same maths and science and have English at the same time. Also this kind of messes up my revision schedule because I was going to do 1 hour for core subjects and 30 minutes for every other subject but with 3 core subject in one day that's already 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Let me link you to this by @gingerbread101
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3904381
    It's an extremely useful set of tips!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali.L)
    I am starting my GCSE subjects this year and really want to do well ( I am trying to get all 9s and 8s). So I want to start revising as early as possible especially since I'm not doing as well as I hoped in some subjects.
    I was wondering if anyone has got any advice for revising and doing better in exams?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4298480 - THIS IS VERY HELPFUL !
    Someone who got 11A*

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I have just read a bit of it and it is very useful, indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 11 now. My best advice for you is to not stress yourself and overexert, especially early on. My best tip would be when youre in lessons, do the work, and make sure you understand everything said in that lesson. If you don't, ask the teacher, or your (smart) friends. If youre getting everything, thats great. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for that advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali.L)
    9s and 8s are very ambitious but as long as you put in the work you can very well achieve them. Some of the apps I use are quizlet (for flashcards, memrise (for languages), digischool and Khan academy. Having a variety of revision methods is key so you don't get bored. It helps me to watch stuff too, I recommend MissLowePhysics and ryansecondaryschoolscience for science (obviously), Mr bruff for English. I like to make mindmaps after we finish each unit and I think it is key to practice exam technique by completing past papers that you can find online. In exams, look at how many marks are available, 4 marks means you need tk make 4 clear points and spend 4 minutes on that question ( for maths and science). Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know 9's and 8's are very ambitious but I really want to get good grades. Thank you for advice, I will have a look at those website.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.