Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm starting sixth form tomorrow and I'm starting to feel really nervous. I'm going to be taking maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I know that I need to use my study periods to revise and NOT to mess about but I'm getting worried that I won't be able to handle the work load. I kept telling myself that I would be working a lot but just last night I was struggling to sleep and I was thinking that I really don't want to put in the effort. At the same time I want to get straight As so obviously I need to put in a LOT of work.
    I have done some research on my subjects but I have no idea as to what to expect in aspects of school life and if it's really what I'll like. Am I likely to be able to handle the year emotionally if I keep to myself most of the time?

Is anyone else stressing out and does anyone have any advice? Please share here.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I already had an induction day so im not that nervous rn....(i was super nervous on friday tho). I dont really know what advice to give sinc im starting my proper school day tomorrow but everyone says to make sure you start working now so it doesnt build up, your doing really hard subjects so just focus on work, do a few hours everyday (?) and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this thread. hope it helps
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4298962

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely terrified for tomorrow!
    I'm only really stressing out because of the social side because I'm as awkward as a, I don't even know...

If you think you aren't going to be bothered with putting in the effort, do you know why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Hey, I'm starting sixth form tomorrow and I'm starting to feel really nervous. I'm going to be taking maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I know that I need to use my study periods to revise and NOT to mess about but I'm getting worried that I won't be able to handle the work load. I kept telling myself that I would be working a lot but just last night I was struggling to sleep and I was thinking that I really don't want to put in the effort. At the same time I want to get straight As so obviously I need to put in a LOT of work.
    I have done some research on my subjects but I have no idea as to what to expect in aspects of school life and if it's really what I'll like. Am I likely to be able to handle the year emotionally if I keep to myself most of the time?

Is anyone else stressing out and does anyone have any advice? Please share here.
    Hi! I finished sixth form a little over a year ago now. I did very different subjects to you, but my advice is still the same. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to put in the effort, even though you know you need to? It could just be that you're feeling overwhelmed with all the change and also experiencing 'fear of the unknown'. When you're worried about something, a common reaction is to just run away from whatever is bothering you, sort of like what you're doing now by not wanting to put the effort in.

Hopefully your anxiety will improve once you start your courses and get into the swing of things. Remember there is the option of dropping a subject if you're finding it difficult or the workload is too much for you

ReputationRep:
    I am doing : Maths, Physics, Economics, History and Politics.
    I am scared that the work load wont manageable.
    I am also going to a new school now for sixth form and It is a mixed school so I am quite nervous?
    Tips?

ReputationRep:
    One piece of advise i have for you: is to not get into any relationships!

It makes school complicated and will impact on your grades!
    My friend started develop feelings for this one chick and now his grades have been falling ever since.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.