Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am an A-Level student who is currently dreaming of going to LSE to do a BSc in Economics! I just got my GCSE results and achieved 6 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. For Economics, LSE website says that a B in GCSE English Language, and an A at GCSE Maths. I met this and got a B in English Language and an A in Maths. I have just started Year 12 and have not done my A-Levels yet, but can anyone tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? I have been told that the top Universities are putting added emphasis on GCSE Results now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    I am an A-Level student who is currently dreaming of going to LSE to do a BSc in Economics! I just got my GCSE results and achieved 6 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. For Economics, LSE website says that a B in GCSE English Language, and an A at GCSE Maths. I met this and got a B in English Language and an A in Maths. I have just started Year 12 and have not done my A-Levels yet, but can anyone tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? I have been told that the top Universities are putting added emphasis on GCSE Results now!
    Yes your grades are just fine! You meet the GCSE requirement. For the record, AS/A Level grades matter more than the GCSE ones for when applying to university.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 5, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.