Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have a fancy dress occasion to attend in a few weeks and thought I had better start thinking about my outfit. The theme is movies. So basically anything goes. I know somebody who is dressing up Moulin Rogue style, somebody else is going as Alice in Wonderland and the guys are generally going as James Bond.

I want a costume that I can make myself (so not kill bill outfit etc), and I don't mind going as somebody who isn't instantly recognisable. E.g. not Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn. It doesn't have to be a main character. And I don't really want to go as a cartoon character.

Ideally I would also like to go as somebody sexy. I'm trying to think of my favourite films and who I could dress as. Hmm...

Sooo if you could help me I would be very grateful!! I am short, petite with long dark hair.

Thanks a lot :-)

ReputationRep:
    You'd make a good Mulan or Pocahontas, but if you don't wanna go as a cartoon character that could be tricky.

Go as Alex from A Clockwork Orange. It'd be dead easy to do, but quite easily recognisable - I don't know whether you'd consider that a good thing or not.

Lara croft would be an easy and obvious choice for someone to go as. its not exactly hard to make a costume up.

alternatively you could go as One of the Bond girls... whit bikini?

theres always the option of "Rose" from titanic, you can carry a rubber ring that says titanic on it and wear a white dress. or carry a bit of drift wood!

there are so many options for you that are easily achievable. you could even atempt to make a nuns outfit and pretend to be someone from Sister Act

ReputationRep:
    I had a favourite film characters party for my 25th, got drunk about 2 months before and promised I would go as BOO from Monsters Inc when she is all monstered up so had to spend 3 whole weeks making a costume! The costumes my friends chose:

Cruella da Ville, Wednesday Addams, Alex from Clockwork Orange, Wendy from Peter Pan, Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, Sally Bowles from Cabaret, Daphne from Scooby Doo, A cowgirl, a St Trinian, Mary from Something About Mary (complete with sticky up hair)

ReputationRep:
    with the authentic sticky-up hair product the film used i wonder?...

ReputationRep:
    ha ha ha no with some extra mega strong firm hold gel stuff

ReputationRep:
    I like the Rose from Titanic idea, that's really cool! Where to get an edwardian dress from, that's the prob...although I guess you could go naked with just the blue gem necklace on!!

ReputationRep:
    Princess Jasmine? Have an awesome time!

(Original post by ~Jinxes~)
    I like the Rose from Titanic idea, that's really cool! Where to get an edwardian dress from, that's the prob...although I guess you could go naked with just the blue gem necklace on!!
    you are bound to be able to pic something up from a charity shop and modify it. alternatively wear quite an ornate ball gown, and that will be close enough, then just carry a plank of wood and a rubber ring with titanic written on it.

ReputationRep:
    Marilyn Monroe would be quite a cool idea I think! Princess Jasmine sounds like a cool idea as someone has said!

Erm, maybe someone from Chicago, Roxie Hart or something? That's not too instantly recognisable...The Karate Kid?! Troop leader out of Troop Beverley Hills, now that would be cool! Baby from Dirty Dancing, just wear an off-the-shoulder white top and jeans, not very exciting though. Sandy from Grease, or any of the Pink Ladies?

Or...Princess Leia!

ReputationRep:
    Lara Croft - Tomb raider

ReputationRep:
    Wow!

Some really cool ideas there!! I still haven't decided exactly which one I will go for. Hmm. I do like the Rose from Titanic!! That would be quite funny! Lara Croft would be easy but there will probably be about 10 other Laras there!

Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nally)
    Dorothy from Wizard of Oz,
    I really like this idea. If you look on the Office website, they have some red ballet pumo shoes on sale for a tenner.

ReputationRep:
    Use a sheet to make a toga and go as some random extra from Gladiator (or a female main character if there is one; I don't really know the film). Your hair is perfect as many Roman women had dark hair, and since it's long you can do something really intricate with some curling tongs and lots of hair grips.

To make it sexy, just use a really narrow sheet. Or don't wear underwear.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.