The Student Room Group

Applying for an Adult Nursing course... But I am totally lost!

It's been a lifelong dream to go to university and hopefully become a nurse but I am totally at a loss as to how to go about doing it.

I currently have my Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health, Social Care and Early years. Now I know that I need to get my Maths and English, so I have been looking at Functional skill qualifications at Level 2 - However I am now under the impression that for 2017/18 enrolments this won't be accepted so I would potentially need to redo Maths & English at GCSE and achieve a grade C to even be considered. Is this the case?

I also can't find my Level 3 Diploma anywhere on UCAS and when I find similar things, it asks if I have achieved a Merit 1, 2 or 3 whereas my certificates just say merit. I don't know where this stands in relation to these or if I'm even picking the right stuff.

I guess I just don't know what to do and where to go, and whenever I read up of different pages I seem to get conflicted messages. I'm so confused. Is there any one stop place for me to go to get help?

Thanks for reading!

Quick Reply

Latest