The Student Room Group

How to stop feeling depressed about a guy?

I met this guy online and we were talking for a while but I don't think he likes me half as much as I like him.
I don't know what it is about him that makes me like him so much- has anyone ever been in a similar position where they have literally become Infatuated with someone and they don't know why.
I really like him, really really like him. But it feels hopeless like we will never be in a relationship and he'll never ask me out because I keep thinking after I sent him a message that this will be the message that he will not reply to, but then after a couple of hours he does. But I wish he'd just ask for my number :frown:
I don't think my parents (mum) will approve of him anyway so won't let me be in a relationship with him if it even came down to it.
But he was an international student and studied here but now he's finished uni I don't think he'll continue to live here, so part of me thinks it's hopeless to even attempt to pursue anything here :frown:
Someone help me feel happier please, I feel so numb and cold right now like I'm waking through a dark tunnel :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy online and we were talking for a while but I don't think he likes me half as much as I like him.
I don't know what it is about him that makes me like him so much- has anyone ever been in a similar position where they have literally become Infatuated with someone and they don't know why.
I really like him, really really like him. But it feels hopeless like we will never be in a relationship and he'll never ask me out because I keep thinking after I sent him a message that this will be the message that he will not reply to, but then after a couple of hours he does. But I wish he'd just ask for my number :frown:
I don't think my parents (mum) will approve of him anyway so won't let me be in a relationship with him if it even came down to it.
But he was an international student and studied here but now he's finished uni I don't think he'll continue to live here, so part of me thinks it's hopeless to even attempt to pursue anything here :frown:
Someone help me feel happier please, I feel so numb and cold right now like I'm waking through a dark tunnel :frown:

Let it go then, if it isn't positive then run before it gets more negative.
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
Let it go then, if it isn't positive then run before it gets more negative.

Idk how to let it go, I feel so stupid, I can't get him out of my mind and I keep getting sadder when I think of what could have been. I know this wrong but idk how to stop these thoughts

Awww this made me a little sad. Normally I don't feel anything for people who post relationship stuff on TSR, but this one pulled at my chest a bit, mainly because it's empathy :frown:

GUUUURRRRLLL you probably have to let this one go. You can stay friends, don't get out of touch with him. But if it does get too much, cut ties?

A solution to stop thinking about him would be to find someone else: it's not the greatest advice, but in all honesty it works.

You could always tell him how you feel and see what he says. Only if you're brave enough!

Idk, I'm just throwing ideas. Hope you feel better x
Idk how to let it go, I feel so stupid, I can't get him out of my mind and I keep getting sadder when I think of what could have been. I know this wrong but idk how to stop these thoughts

Force yourself, like I just did with someone for being so terrible at timing/leaving me in the dark in a LDR. Remember, its their fault not yours, you tried your hardest, in long-run you'll thank yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending