Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the woman responsible in this situation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Alice is in a relationship with Michael, but Charlie is not in a relationship.

One night, Alice and Michael get into a big fight and Alice decides to spend the night elsewhere. Alice is devastated, crying and extremely upset. She calls her ex-boyfriend, Charlie, and hearing about all the trouble, Charlie happily invites her to stay over. Charlie and Alice are on very good terms, despite their breakup.

Alice and Charlie talk and Charlie is in no doubt that Alice is very upset and vulnerable. They sleep together.

Is Alice responsible?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Of course, she cheated on her boyfriend.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yes she is and I would always feel uneasy when a girl is still on "good terms" with her ex.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that a woman should never be in contact with her ex
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes

Alice had an argument, and decided to call her ex boyfriend and go to stay at his house. Alice then slept with said ex boyfriend knowing full well that was always going to happen.

Don't be like Alice.

Both Alice and Charlie are responsible. It takes two to tango.

ReputationRep:
    Both Alive and Charlie are at fault and are stupid for doing what they did and the guy Michael should break up with her.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she cheated on her boyfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yeah, she's at fault. She shouldn't have cheated. Charlie should've known she was vulnerable and his actions are somewhat questionable, but what happened is certainly not his fault and it's not like he is tied into a relationship like she is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dermatome)
    Alice is in a relationship with Michael, but Charlie is not in a relationship.

One night, Alice and Michael get into a big fight and Alice decides to spend the night elsewhere. Alice is devastated, crying and extremely upset. She calls her ex-boyfriend, Charlie, and hearing about all the trouble, Charlie happily invites her to stay over. Charlie and Alice are on very good terms, despite their breakup.

Alice and Charlie talk and Charlie is in no doubt that Alice is very upset and vulnerable. They sleep together.

Is Alice responsible?
    Of course she is... she cheated on her boyfriend by her decision...You cant always find a way to blame the man lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Charlie should know better, but he himself did nothing wrong, kinda. Took advantage of a situation.

It's Alice's fault though. She's the one in a relationship, arguably shouldn't be friends with her ex, shouldn't be calling him after an argument to rant about her boyfriend, shouldn't be going to his house, definitely shouldn't be sleeping there and absolutely shouldn't be sleeping with him. She knew what she was doing.

ReputationRep:
    Alice is absolutely responsible. Being upset is no excuse!

Heck, I even feel horribly guilty and apologise to my partner for simply swearing at him when I'm upset. If I cheated on him he'd dump me in a heartbeat, and trying to use an excuse like "but I was upset!" would just make him even angrier and guarantee zero chance of reconciliation - and rightly so!!*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.