Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I watch for my 1,500th anime? watch

• View Poll Results: What should I watch for my 1,500th anime?
    Mirai Nikki Redial
    0%
    Durarara!!x2 Ten: Gaiden!?
    37.50%
    Steins;Gate The Movie
    12.50%
    Psycho-Pass Movie
    12.50%
    Kino's Journey: Tower Country
    12.50%
    None of the above (post suggestions in thread)
    25.00%

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

After finishing Jubei-chan 2 earlier, my watched anime list (as recorded on Anime-Planet) stands at 1,499 titles. :proud: I want my 1,500th to be something good, so I turn to TSR to help me decide! Vote fast though, as I want to start watching tomorrow while I have the day off~

I've played it safe with my five poll options, picking specials, OVAs or movies related to series that are already in my all-time Top 50... I have a terrible habit of not going back to watch such extras once their main series have finished. :o: Still, I'm open to other suggestions if you feel there's an obvious gap in my list that needs to be filled - all I ask is that it be relatively short, so I can marathon it before this season's shows all end and one of them takes the spot!

Synopsis links for the five options:

Mirai Nikki Redial
    Durarara!!x2 Ten: Gaiden!?
    Steins;Gate The Movie
    Psycho-Pass Movie
    Kino's Journey: Tower Country

Coming soon(?) - What should I watch for my 20,000th episode? :iiam:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Have you ever watched Gintama?
    EDIT: Never mind, it's way too long
    I wish to have watched as many anime as you one day...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Have you ever watched Gintama?
    EDIT: Never mind, it's way too long
    I wish to have watched as many anime as you one day...
    It's a series I've planned to watch for a while, but never seem to get around to. :o: And I'll admit, its length has a lot to do with that. One day, but not tomorrow. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    sadly i cant make myself sit through some of the worst anime's

not much i could suggest with a list that impressive. however you could run through the alphabet list of some of the streaming sites and find ones you haven't seen before but that's a lot of work.

(i would peg you at double what I've watched/dropped so far)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It's a series I've planned to watch for a while, but never seem to get around to. :o: And I'll admit, its length has a lot to do with that. One day, but not tomorrow. :moon:
    I'm certain it'll go in your top 50 when that day comes

ReputationRep:
    Spongebob Squarepants

ReputationRep:
    That's what, 6544 hours so far?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    sadly i cant make myself sit through some of the worst anime's

not much i could suggest with a list that impressive. however you could run through the alphabet list of some of the streaming sites and find ones you haven't seen before but that's a lot of work.

(i would peg you at double what I've watched/dropped so far)
    I'm not short on things to watch in general, but just fancied watching something awesome for this milestone place. :yes: Starting from A won't guarantee an A* show. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Christop)
    That's what, 6544 hours so far?
    10 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours and 52 minutes, according to A-P's best estimates. Apparently that's ~7,720 hours, if Ask Numbers can be trusted.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :bump:

'None of the above' currently leads the poll, which possibly says a lot about my taste in anime. :moon: But I'm not seeing any (sensible, short) alternatives mentioned here, that's not how this is supposed to work. :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. And I thought I had no life! :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I know this is no help to you but since you've watched so much anime, do you have any great ones you'd recommend?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Wring)
    I know this is no help to you but since you've watched so much anime, do you have any great ones you'd recommend?
    Here's a few of my all time favourites:

Baccano! - If I had to pick just one anime to call my favourite, it would be this one. Great plot and characters.

Now and Then, Here and There - But only if you're okay with dark and depressing series...

Nichijou - By far the funniest comedy series I've ever watched.

Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo, IN SPACE~ Has a really unique animation style.

Haibane Renmei - Slower-paced than all the above, but very deep for a slice of life show.

I hope that something there is of interest to you; if not, feel free to ask again in TSR's Anime Society with a little more information about the kinds of series you like. [/shameless plug]
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Looks like the Durarara!! OVA gets it! Thanks to all who voted, and I'm sure I'll get around to the others someday. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Kiki's Delivery Service

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki%27s_Delivery_Service

ReputationRep:
    Tales from Earthsea
    is great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...arthsea_(film)

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch them in Japanese with subtitles or in Dubbed English?

Or are you fluent in Japanese? :eyebrow:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The Awakener)
    Tales from Earthsea
    is great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...arthsea_(film)
    I've watched both, and every other feature length film that Ghibli have produced (other than Marnie, as I'm waiting for that to come out on BluRay). :yes:

I have to disagree with you on Earthsea though, I thought it was below-average when I first watched it, and abysmal on rewatch after reading the original novels. :yucky:

(Original post by The Awakener)
    Do you watch them in Japanese with subtitles or in Dubbed English?

Or are you fluent in Japanese? :eyebrow:
    Definitely subtitles. Though the English dubs for Ghibli films aren't bad, to be fair, since they're handled by Disney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Prepare yourself, Gintama has probably the worst first 50 episodes by any series ever created.

It takes a LONG time to get going.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    Prepare yourself, Gintama has probably the worst first 50 episodes by any series ever created.

It takes a LONG time to get going.
    I've watched 50 episode long series that were bad from start to finish; knowing that there's light at the end of the tunnel for this one should be plenty of motivation. :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.