Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Thatcher? We talking Falklands or Gulf War (both of which i approve of as my daddy got medals and an MBE for them )
    Falklands, there is noting of any value there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Sorry this is completely off the point but I just found this website where the American people can thank Tony Blair for all the support he and Britain have given Bush....how beautiful...

http://www.thankyoutony.com/messages.html
    I like:

"Sir,

Being one of those rough former colonials, as a result of that major family spat starting in 1776, I would like to suggest that you and your's, along with Mrs. Thatcher, come join us in the "Old Dominion." You see, here in Virginia, there are families who fervently believe that Yorktown was a tactical withdrawal, and the Royal fleet will soon sail into the Chesapeake Bay.

Once here in Virginia you can decide which side of the controversy you wish to favor, as it relates to that "Recent Unpleasantness" from 1860 to 1865. There's a certain group that believes Virginia should forgive, forget and accept surrender. Then there's the other side that believes Virginia has waited long enough, tolerated Washington's impudence long enough and it's time to have another go at it.

Should the Brits fail to recognize the treasure they have in you, please give them the single finger salute and bring your family to Virginia. As I understand it, the Governor's place in Williamsburg has recently been remodeled in anticipation.

Sir, the U.S. cannot thank you and those brave troops enough."

ReputationRep:
    And:

"I thought Thatcher was good. You're gooder."

ReputationRep:
    "Tony,

You and W did in Iraq what should have been done on the Continent in the mid-1930s.

No one will accuse you two of being a Neville Chamberlain."

How can Sadam Hussein be compared to Hitler! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    And:

"I thought Thatcher was good. You're gooder."
    i personally like the ones that are more reflective of the general opinion.

"My husband's cousin is a 21-year old Marine serving in Iraq. We have prayed daily for his safety, and for the safety of all of the Coalition forces.

We greatly appreciate the service of U.K. forces during this war, and we applaud their bravery. Americans are very aware that it has not always been easy for you to stand with us, as you have faced great opposition at home. "

"Dear Mr. Prime Minister:

I applaud your courage and integrity in supporting the coalition of troops sent to Iraq.

My son is presently in the region with the U.S. Army, and knowing that there are British troops standing with him gives me great comfort."

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.