Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it time to shut her out completely? Watch

I made a post a couple weeks ago about trying to not give a girl attention. Since then I have only spoken to her twice, first time I started the conversation and then the second time I kinda baited her to talk to me with a snapchat story...

For some reason I can't stop thinking about her everyday, I don't feel like I like her as much as I did and my head is a lot clearer (less overthinking) than what it was. However I miss her/talking to her. A new girl has replaced her at work and I think she is attractive but talking to her is so easy it's not fun. Like with the girl i'm on about it was a challenge talking to her as I thought she was perfect and I still do. I keep checking social media to see what she is up to as I don't see her much anymore (she comes into the shop like once every two weeks and says hello).

BTW I've told her that I liked her and she said she was interested in someone else!! We used to talk almost everyday for a good 4 hours...

So should I remove her from all social media and just block her out of my life and move on or should I keep her on social media and just man up and forget about her that way and try stay good friends?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I made a post a couple weeks ago about trying to not give a girl attention. Since then I have only spoken to her twice, first time I started the conversation and then the second time I kinda baited her to talk to me with a snapchat story...

For some reason I can't stop thinking about her everyday, I don't feel like I like her as much as I did and my head is a lot clearer (less overthinking) than what it was. However I miss her/talking to her. A new girl has replaced her at work and I think she is attractive but talking to her is so easy it's not fun. Like with the girl i'm on about it was a challenge talking to her as I thought she was perfect and I still do. I keep checking social media to see what she is up to as I don't see her much anymore (she comes into the shop like once every two weeks and says hello).

BTW I've told her that I liked her and she said she was interested in someone else!! We used to talk almost everyday for a good 4 hours...

So should I remove her from all social media and just block her out of my life and move on or should I keep her on social media and just man up and forget about her that way and try stay good friends?
    Well that is up to you, obviously if you stay friends with her you may still keep having strong feelings, while if you do block her you lose a friend.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)

If she's interested in someone else, it's probably best that you try to move on. If you're finding it hard seeing her on social media, unfollow her (you can do this on fb without unfriending her). It'll give you some space to get over her and maybe focus your energy on someone else.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Does anyone else have some advice? I don't know what to do

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.