The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Uni of Liverpool Students?

Are students more intellectual or party-types or is there a good mix?

I heard the student body more left-leaning but is it more middle-class hipster - could be Green or Corbynite or New Labour left (i.e. diverse left) or traditional "Labour for life" left?

Definitely seems friendly which is a good thing.

However, I'm from Chester and a lot of Scousers call me "posh" etc (I'm not and fed up of having to deal with that accusation just because my accent is slightly RP so hoping they're not like that, but it is a uni) so I'm hoping it's not like that. My family are actually originally from Liverpool so I'm not knocking Scousers at all but I'm not a Scouser, lived all around the country and hoping Uni not too inward looking as some people in Liverpool can be.
Original post by J_89
Are students more intellectual or party-types or is there a good mix?

I heard the student body more left-leaning but is it more middle-class hipster - could be Green or Corbynite or New Labour left (i.e. diverse left) or traditional "Labour for life" left?

Definitely seems friendly which is a good thing.

However, I'm from Chester and a lot of Scousers call me "posh" etc (I'm not and fed up of having to deal with that accusation just because my accent is slightly RP so hoping they're not like that, but it is a uni) so I'm hoping it's not like that. My family are actually originally from Liverpool so I'm not knocking Scousers at all but I'm not a Scouser, lived all around the country and hoping Uni not too inward looking as some people in Liverpool can be.

Hey, I'm from Liverpool and study veterinary at Liverpool and can say that are a lot of accents, I know for my course theres a lot of "posh" accents but there will be people from all over the place so I wouldn't worried about. (If anything scouse accent is the one that gets commented on).
Its pretty left wing, liverpool in general is but I find most unis are left wing and to answer your first question theres a good mix :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending