Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm trying to create a flowchart for my python code and I have no idea where to start. Like i tried researching the flowchart and tried the online makers but at the end I've just decided to create it using basic shapes on word. Can someone give any examples, I'm struggling to get started with the structure and I've only seen examples of simple flowcharts and mine is on a trouble shooting system. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd use excel as it's much easier to manage and use

Instead of starting off with your actual program, trying making something like a login page for a website. This would be a better place to start & practice.

Post a reply with your flowchart or if you need more help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    I'd use excel as it's much easier to manage and use

Instead of starting off with your actual program, trying making something like a login page for a website. This would be a better place to start & practice.

Post a reply with your flowchart or if you need more help
    ok, I will start with excel. Is it possible for you to show a quick example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    So i'm trying to create a flowchart for my python code and I have no idea where to start. Like i tried researching the flowchart and tried the online makers but at the end I've just decided to create it using basic shapes on word. Can someone give any examples, I'm struggling to get started with the structure and I've only seen examples of simple flowcharts and mine is on a trouble shooting system. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Why on earth would you create a flowchart? Use pseudocode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aklaol)
    My computing teacher said it would be best to create both. I have no idea why. but yeah , I've created one for the sake of it as well as pseudo code.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    My computing teacher said it would be best to create both. I have no idea why. but yeah , I've created one for the sake of it as well as pseudo code.
    You have to create both a flowchart and pseudocode to gain full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    You have to create both a flowchart and pseudocode to gain full marks
    No you do not. There are numerous people in my class who got full marks without having both. It's completely stupid to suggest having both. If you have one algorithm, why replicate it in a different format?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No you do not. There are numerous people in my class who got full marks without having both. It's completely stupid to suggest having both. If you have one algorithm, why replicate it in a different format?
    You do not have to have both but it makes the top marks more accessible for students as they may not have identical information on both pieces and it allows them to show their understanding. Where you have time it's definitely best to do both to give yourself the best chance of a higher grade.

ReputationRep:
    Having both gives you a much, much much higher chance of getting full marks so why not do both when it only takes an extra 20 minutes?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.