alesha98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Name:  2016-09-04.png
Views: 133
Size:  47.9 KB
In question 1.2, why the answer is strong nuclear?
smartalan73
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well gravitational only affects really big objects (in a noticeable way anyway), electromagnetic force only occurs between particles of opposite charges and both particles in this instance have the same charge so it can't be that. so that just leaves strong and weak nuclear force and since this force is making a reaction it would have to be strong therefore it must be strong nuclear force
The_Big_E
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The weak force only concerns leptons, and also only concerns decay. The given particle equation shows an interaction between a pion and a proton, not a decay. So it can't be the weak force.
alesha98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Big_E)
The weak force only concerns leptons, and also only concerns decay. The given particle equation shows an interaction between a pion and a proton, not a decay. So it can't be the weak force.
so in weak interaction, only one particle can be on the left side of the equation? What I originally thought is that pion decayed into Kaon. I know it is wrong but i dont know the reason.
The_Big_E
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alesha98)
so in weak interaction, only one particle can be on the left side of the equation? What I originally thought is that pion decayed into Kaon. I know it is wrong but i dont know the reason.
Don't take my word, as I studied Edexcel physics and the weak/strong force wasn't covered in much detail. But yes, that's what I remembered about the weak force.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise