The Student Room Group

retaking all maths exams at A2

I was very unhappy with my result for my AS maths so I am retaking c1 c2 and s1 exams along with my A2. How can I manage all the work load for maths?
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you get at AS in each one? If you can avoid retaking all of them then just retake one, possibly two. C1 is easy to retake but the others may require a bit more practice which you'll want to use for your A2 revision
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
What did you get at AS in each one? If you can avoid retaking all of them then just retake one, possibly two. C1 is easy to retake but the others may require a bit more practice which you'll want to use for your A2 revision

I got a D in c1 and a U in both c2 and s1( I failed because I revised a week before the exam)
Original post by Simran04
I got a D in c1 and a U in both c2 and s1( I failed because I revised a week before the exam)

If you want to continue with A2 maths then its probably better to retake them all. Or you could forget about S1 and do M1&M2 in one year. But I reckon its easier to retake the 3. Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
If you want to continue with A2 maths then its probably better to retake them all. Or you could forget about S1 and do M1&M2 in one year. But I reckon its easier to retake the 3. Good luck

I have to do S1 for my AS year but for my A2 year I can choose between doing S2 or M1, which one would you say is easier?
Reply 5
In AS i got a B (210/300, C1=74 C2=76 M1=60) and retook C1 C2 and M1 in my second year and got 284/300 C1=93 C2=95 M1=98. In my second year i got an A across C3 C4 and M2 and got an A overall. It helps to keep doing the same additional ( for me mechanics ) because revising for M1 was really easy after doing M2. Alot of people struggle with the first year of mechanics because it is so different, so i'd do S2.
Reply 6
Original post by tobycmay
In AS i got a B (210/300, C1=74 C2=76 M1=60) and retook C1 C2 and M1 in my second year and got 284/300 C1=93 C2=95 M1=98. In my second year i got an A across C3 C4 and M2 and got an A overall. It helps to keep doing the same additional ( for me mechanics ) because revising for M1 was really easy after doing M2. Alot of people struggle with the first year of mechanics because it is so different, so i'd do S2.

That's amazing! How did you revise and manage the work load?
Reply 7
Original post by Simran04
That's amazing! How did you revise and manage the work load?

i found it really easy actually. I started revising for my resits about 3 weeks before they started but i had basically remembered it all from the year before. I did revise a lot first year but just flopped the exams so maybe its different for you if you didnt revise much in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest