Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so, I don't even know what kind of position I am in right now. I don't know how I feel and have no idea what tomorrow could bring for me. I'm a person who loves to just do things off the cuff (e.g. no real plans, no indication of where I may be going in life) but the big goals is to someday make it to USA and live there.

I have been single for about 1 year. I was in a relationship with a guy one year younger than me, we met online and then in real life x2. It was a healthy relationship, we had an amazing genuine connection. Unfortunately, I ended things for personal reasons. We didn't do anything and by that I mean ANYTHING. I want to stay true to my faith and he completely understood that. We were together for a year but knew each other about 2 years before our relationship started. He was with me through my hardest times, when I literally was so alone and lonely in college. The stress was killing me but I always had him to talk to.

Anyways, since its been one year. I do want to find someone else and start fresh. On one hand, Im thinking no - he won't respect my desires e.g. to refrain from anything sexual (please don't be judgemental on this:/) but at the same time I so want someone to share MANY memories with and just have a comfort guy.

What do you think? Wait until I'm ready for marriage so I don't do anything if I get into a relationship or just go for it and know that I will find someone who will want the same as me?!

Thanks guy. Would really appreciate this SO SO much!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so, I don't even know what kind of position I am in right now. I don't know how I feel and have no idea what tomorrow could bring for me. I'm a person who loves to just do things off the cuff (e.g. no real plans, no indication of where I may be going in life) but the big goals is to someday make it to USA and live there.

I have been single for about 1 year. I was in a relationship with a guy one year younger than me, we met online and then in real life x2. It was a healthy relationship, we had an amazing genuine connection. Unfortunately, I ended things for personal reasons. We didn't do anything and by that I mean ANYTHING. I want to stay true to my faith and he completely understood that. We were together for a year but knew each other about 2 years before our relationship started. He was with me through my hardest times, when I literally was so alone and lonely in college. The stress was killing me but I always had him to talk to.

Anyways, since its been one year. I do want to find someone else and start fresh. On one hand, Im thinking no - he won't respect my desires e.g. to refrain from anything sexual (please don't be judgemental on this:/) but at the same time I so want someone to share MANY memories with and just have a comfort guy.

What do you think? Wait until I'm ready for marriage so I don't do anything if I get into a relationship or just go for it and know that I will find someone who will want the same as me?!

It is always best to do what you feel comfortable with, if you feel comfortable waiting till marriage then do that, don't let anyone force you into something you are not happy with.

anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Well you pretty much said what you want from life, and you're not the only one with such desires; except it may be difficult to find someone who wants the same things as you. Considering the fact that pretty much most people nowadays expect sexual things to happen prior to marriage, it's pretty difficult to find that one person who'd wait for/with you. It's not an impossible task though

However! Nobody's gonna judge you if you change your mind and principles, it's only natural. If the right guy comes along and you feel like you don't need to wait until marriage, it's up to you. I just think that both sides have to agree with each other and not compromise too much when it comes to... intercourse.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

What do you mean by "ANYTHING" did you at least kiss the guy? But, remember if you're not comfortable with even that it is your choice at the end of the day... I wouldn't rush into anything especially losing you're virginity because the last thing you want is to be used for sex and then later regret it. Maybe start of slow and explore your comfort zone?

Here to help... Message me if you want to ask me anything or want advice aha

Kolia

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.