Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi there,
    I'm a 19 years old doing an IT apprenticeship. I finished college and decided to choose an apprenticeship over uni.

I realised that not going uni means that I can't meet new girls there.
    At my workplace, there's a hot receptionist who is also doing an apprenticeship but I can't really talk to her because her boss has an open office where he can see his employees.

Since I'm not going uni and cant meet girls that way, how can I meet them?

Other than clubs/bars etc.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    meetup.com or Tinder

ReputationRep:
    OkCupid, POF etc...

Also, join groups associated with your hobbies and make contacts that way.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have the social skills or confidence to pick girls up in a bar/club, online dating sites as mentioned already are a nice way to hide your awkwardness, at least initially.

You then have to deal with the fact you've been using a 2 year old picture from before you let yourself go, and you're likely to disappoint this one without even making it to the bedroom.

According to the banner ads, there's loads of girls in my area, and Tasha and her friends want me to join them. Maybe click an ad and see who's waiting for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    According to the banner ads, there's loads of girls in my area, and Tasha and her friends want me to join them. Maybe click an ad and see who's waiting for you?
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    When you're out and about if you see a girl you like just start talking to her about literally anything. You just need do this confidently because it's not so much what you say but how you say it then ask her out

ReputationRep:
    you sure you wanna meet women?...they're a pain man, telling ya.

ReputationRep:
    Go outside 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    Put a blog article together for people in your position, check it out! Plenty of options e.g.

1) Through friends/family/existing social networks and events
    2) Through workplace/place of education/volunteering
    3) Through social/activity groups/clubs
    4) At concerts/exhibitions and other cultural events
    5) Online non-dating websites e.g. social networking, meetup sites, forums etc
    6) Out and about e.g. daygame (men have an advantage) and night game (women have an advantage)
    7) Online dating (women have an advantage)
    8) Speed dating

ReputationRep:
    Linger around the alternative milk section at your local Tesco.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.