Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted grades watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    And realities of being a students haven't hit you yet clearly, if you think you're going to be going out every night you're kidding yourself, expecially not in London where the basic living costs are just to much.
    Every other night.

ReputationRep:
    expecially not in London where the basic living costs are just to much.

depends how rich you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Every other night.
    That's possible, I suppose, 3 or 4 times a week. But you can do that at pretty much every other university, so the advantage of being in London is lost. And you wouldn't have the use of a college bar.

ReputationRep:
    That possible I suppose 3 or 4 times a week. But you can do that at pretty much every other university, so the advantage of being in London is lost. And you wouldn't have the use of a college bar.
    The LSE has its own pub, UCL has 6 bars, UofL Union has several bars, I'm sure I'd get by!

ReputationRep:
    The LSE has its own pub, UCL has 6 bars, UofL Union has several bars, I'm sure I'd get by!
    In that case:

LSE - 7000 students per bar
    UCL - 1250 students per bar.
    Balliol - 500 students per bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Don't like campus all that much either. Perfect would be small urban...Oxford.
    I would probably call it semi-rural, by the standards of most cities.

ReputationRep:
    In that case:

LSE - 7000 students per bar
    UCL - 1250 students per bar.
    Balliol - 500 students per bar.

who needs college bars in London anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Well, it's nice to have the odd sub-£3.50 pint, isn't it? But I take your point.

ReputationRep:
    Close enough to London? It's between Birmingham and London isn't it? Still a fair way away.

I can't imagine that many people would have the motivation to travel back-and-forth between the two places, especially if they're worse for wear.
    actually..quite a few people seem to! there are coaches like every 15mins from Oxford to London, that you can make in ~ 1.5hours with an open return for under £10.

so trips to london are highly feasible.. not that i've had any huge desire too duing term time of my 1st year, Oxford has kept me more than amused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Because they're cheap. And they're easy to get too. And they're full and people you know. And they allow you to do a social activity everynight. And it dosen't cost £4 for a drink.

ReputationRep:
    And they allow you to do a social activity everynight.
    Guaranteed, 100%, pure cheese. The same could be said for the local children's home, it doesn't mean its any good though.

ReputationRep:
    Guaranteed, 100%, pure cheese.
    Not in the college bar; you're thinking of the clubs.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably call it semi-rural, by the standards of most cities.
    I think that's a fair comment, but for me, there's enough there. From my latest experience at Oxford, it seems fab.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're cheap. And they're easy to get too. And they're full and people you know. And they allow you to do a social activity everynight. And it dosen't cost £4 for a drink.
    I agree, you're likely to mix in Oxford. Who's gonna go out every other night? Once a week is more likely.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the college bar; you're thinking of the clubs.
    But I want to be strutting around on a dancefloor, with Brazil's equivalent of Fatboy Slim on the decks and in the company of an Elle McPherson lookalike.
    The college bar can only go so far...

In all seriousness though, I reckon Oxford would be quite a cool place - it's meant to have loads of nice restaurants and other stuff too. If I missed out on getting in there, which is quite probable, the big city of London awaits...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    How is it justified? If you get an A at AS you deserve an A grade prediction, because you got an A in year 1, so why can't you get an A in year 2? your school are completely wrong on that part.
    I've just thread the whole thread and i totally see your point throughout. Most people do 4 ASs and 3 A2s so even though A2 is harder, they will have more time to work on each subject and so should get roughly the same as they did for AS.

ReputationRep:
    Close enough to London? It's between Birmingham and London isn't it? Still a fair way away.

I can't imagine that many people would have the motivation to travel back-and-forth between the two places, especially if they're worse for wear.
    It's about 1 hr 15 mins by coach and it runs 24 hours. I live in the outskirts of London and it takes me 45 minutes to get into the centre so time from Oxford isn't bad.

I am applying LSE and UCL because as deianra said they are so good for Economics you would be foolish not to. I wouldn't like to live in London - the halls are expensive and cramped and after the first year I would probably not get accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    mobbdeeprob - the sig change is just for you
    'Tis much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    i got BBC for AS and was predicted A A A/B for A2 but u dont know wat i had to do to get those predictions lol and those predictions got me into LSE for accounting and finance so im happy

ReputationRep:
    Have you finished your PPE Oxford vs. Cambridge Economics decision yet?

mobbdeeprob - the sig change is just for you
    LOL no and I doubt I will make a decision for a while - not really thinking about it - my mind is more on the P3.

BTW looking over your old pros/cons list you said that Cambridge prefer History - where did you get this from?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.