Movies you hated but critics loved

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about popular movies here but movies which won awards, Oscars and revieved high ratings on rotten tomatoes or imdb

For me its the one who flew over the cuckoos nest
    It was a complete bore fest, I actually don't mind slow paced movies but I felt like nothing significant happened on the movie
    The main character was an a hole and people say the movie was meant to be symbolic of male oppression but it was so boring uninteresting and I didn't enjoy it one bit
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    50- shades of grey was overated af from what i heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    50- shades of grey was overated af from what i heard
    Oh wow u didn't read my posts
    I'm talking about critic ratings not general reception of a movie :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blade Runner
    Under The Skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    Oh wow u didn't read my posts
    I'm talking about critic ratings not general reception of a movie :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i know im tryna annoy you

ReputationRep:
    Driving Miss Daisy :boring:

ReputationRep:
    i know im tryna annoy you
    Well u flopped, plus do I look like the type of guy who watched 50 shades? :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    rude girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well u flopped, plus do I look like the type of guy who watched 50 shades? :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    rude girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    2001 space odyssey

Depressingly boring, overated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Yes
    Lol mate u barely know me and I actually haven't watched it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mad Max: Fury Road

cool effect, but stupid story imo

ReputationRep:
    Maze runner, cant believe i had the nerve to watch the second one as well. it was sooooo confusing, like does everything there happen for no reason? there's like NO explanation in the film, things just happen ''just because''. maze runner 2 had even less context, omfg apparently the film is for the book fans but if it's mainstream then it should be understood to others too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Maze runner, cant believe i had the nerve to watch the second one as well. it was sooooo confusing, like does everything there happen for no reason? there's like NO explanation in the film, things just happen ''just because''. maze runner 2 had even less context, omfg apparently the film is for the book fans but if it's mainstream then it should be understood to others too.
    Lol ur the second person to post an overrated movie not a critically acclaimed movie :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    rude girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i know Nah you look like a OITNB guy
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    Lol ur the second person to post an overrated movie not a critically acclaimed movie :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its got awards, it got more than 50% on rotten tomato, i dont get what other points you need for it to be this critically acclaimed movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I love the Maze Runner. Dylan O'Brien and his friends are tested by wicked. It's all to find the cure for the deadly disease Flare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about popular movies here but movies which won awards, Oscars and revieved high ratings on rotten tomatoes or imdb

For me its the one who flew over the cuckoos nest
    It was a complete bore fest, I actually don't mind slow paced movies but I felt like nothing significant happened on the movie
    The main character was an a hole and people say the movie was meant to be symbolic of male oppression but it was so boring uninteresting and I didn't enjoy it one bit
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't hate Shawshank redemption but its seriously over rated in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    i know Nah you look like a OITNB guy
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok
    Omg I don't watch oitnb cause it involves lesbians
    Loads of girls love oitnb
    Look at its imdb rating

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found the Revenant quite boring and it won quite a few awards

ReputationRep:
    Anything about US and catching terrorists. They are **** boring and lies.

Anything about being black. Like The Help. Precious. Just so :ahhhhh:

Anything about space like Interstellar, Gravity (they are literally the same: dude and chick floating around. Actually I didn't see either, maybe they're diff but I am 100% not interested blegh)

Anything with Leonardo Da Vinci Cappucino in it

On the flip side why has no one from Harry Potter got awards for starring in that :'(

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.